Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Does Table Rate Shipping Exist Anymore?? 

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

Ok, so I’ve read the kb article on table rate shipping and I am assuming that it is out-of-date since it does not resemble the current setup. Anyway, there is no way to define, at least that I can find, what the rate bands are. Also, it used to be that you could define shipping options by website, but when I change website view in configuration, there are no options for shipping. Am I completely missing something here? Anybody know how to setup rate bands for table rate? Is this possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Ok, after activating table-rate, I looked into the core_config table in the database to make sure that it was actually being activated and it was. However, unlike in previous versions, after activation, there is no import/export function, as per the kb article. The only way that I could figure out how to do enable table rate shipping on the front end was to manually add the bands to shipping_tablerate in the database. I’m just wondering, will this be fixed in v1.0 or am I just totally nuts and am missing admin functionality thats already there?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

I have the same problem here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

I’ve just tried switching the scope to the website and can see Import / Export elements in Table rates.

Are you sure you’re in WEBSITE scope, and not Default or Store View ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Wow - I feel REALLY stupid. Yes, it works fine. I was switching from working in category view where there is not an option for website view from the pull-down, just store view. I think I’m going to go home now. Can’t believe I missed that one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptjedi

Total Posts:  250
Porto, Portugal

Got it Moshe, thank you for your time!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community