Magento Forum

   
Google Base - “Cannot update Google Base Item for Store “
 
Wilco
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  28
Joined:  2008-07-23
 

We have been able to successfully use Google Base with Magento (with a minor manual fix). Since then we had to add the product condition in order to keep a product published on Google Base. So we added a new attribute to all items “Condition” with the default value “New”

Since then we upgraded to Magento v1.3.2.2 - now, when updating an item, we get the following errormessage: “Cannot update Google Base Item for Store ‘Deutsch’”. Our website is bilingual, Dutch and German with the defaults being in Dutch.

Has anyone seen this behavior as well?

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
scotchhaven
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  11
Joined:  2009-05-13
 

Yes, we are having a similar problem using v1.3.2.3

We have added the ‘condition’ attribute to all products and Magento correctly updated Google Base 6/15/09 using a prior version (1.3 something) and the ‘condition’ attribute..

However, when the listings expired on 7/15/09 we started getting the error “Cannot update Google Base Item for Store ‘ our only store name ‘ “ showing up at the top of various Magento pages.

We’ve made several attempts at resolving this issue with no success.

Any ideas would be greatly apprectiated.

Jim

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Jonathan123
Sr. Member
 
Total Posts:  215
Joined:  2008-09-14
 

Has anyone figured this one out yet?

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Jonathan123
Sr. Member
 
Total Posts:  215
Joined:  2008-09-14
 

This is strange. I just had the following happen. I was receiving this error for Store2. I wanted to refresh all items for Store1, so I removed them all from google base, and added them back and published. I then went to update an item, and now it is working for Store2, but it is now giving me the same error for Store1.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
itchytrig
Sr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  162
Joined:  2008-10-03
UK
 

Hi,

Simular problems:

1 - We can add new products
2 - We can view them and all the attributes we pass on the GB (Google Base) account.
3 - We had to hack the core files to get it to show inc VAT though.

But as an item comes towards the end of it’s 30 days on GB, we of course then select these and hit ‘Sync’. It says it has sync’d it OK, yet the expiry date of this item does not change? So, we end up with products dropping off GB and then have to re-add them all over again?

However, if we change the name or one of the key features of an item, then we re-sync that actual product then it does update the date for another 30 days!

Surely if we want products to go into GB, then surely the API should update them daily or weekly at least to ensure that items do indeed stay on GB and not drop off?

Further feedback from others on this, if you have got a workaround or the same problems?

Thanks!

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
ThrowMeAPillow
Jr. Member
 
Avatar
Total Posts:  11
Joined:  2009-07-06
 

Any fix found for this?
I have the same problem
Added Attribute product_type with drop-down menu of Google taxonomy extended according to 16 subcategories we have…

but when I update, it returns, “Cannot update Google Base Item for Store”

I rebuilt the flat catalogs, etc…

same thing

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
sneako
Member
 
Total Posts:  48
Joined:  2009-12-05
 

Same issue here..  Whenever I do a import of our products we get the error “Cannot update Google Base Item for Store ‘English’”

I also am starting to get the following error while trying to publish some items within the Google Base feature of Magento:
“Expected response code 200, got 404. Type: request. Reason: Cannot find item. “

Note sure if the two items are related but doesn’t hurt to toss that one in.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
bladesling
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  11
Joined:  2009-07-01
 

I solved this by going into the google base section and syncing all my products. My products were expired in google base so it deleted them all. Then I just added them all back into google base. Apparently you have to do this monthly. No automatic update of awesomeness

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
    Back to top