Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trouble adding footer links, static block is missing

mrdail87

Total Posts:  4

Not sure whether anyone could help me out with this one or not. I’m having trouble adding footer links to the bottom of my page on [url=http://www.gipubs.com]http://www.gipubs.com[/url] using Magento CE 1.7

From everything I read online these links are supposed to be in a static block called “footer_links”. Problem is, that static block doesn’t exist. I even double checked the MySQL database and isn’t in there either. To make things more confusing: Looking at the links that get generated, and looking at all the code I find, it looks like it’s still being generated by a static block. I’ve looked at all of the static blocks on my site and none of them include these footer links. I’m totally lost as to what’s going on here.

I’ve looked in footer.phtml and it tells me the footer links are generated by links.phtml, which claims the links are being pulled from a CMS static block. Here’s the snippet of code that supposedly generates the links:

<?php $_links $this->getLinks(); ?>

<?php 
if(count($_links)>0): ?>
<ul class="links nav"<?php if($this->getName()): ?> id="<?php echo $this->getName() ?>"<?php endif;?>>
<?php echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('nav_left')->toHtml() // in the CMS static block ?>

<?php foreach($_links as $_link): ?>
        <?php 
if ($_link instanceof Mage_Core_Block_Abstract):?>
            <?php 
echo $_link->toHtml() ?>
        <?php 
else: ?>

<li<?php if($_link->getIsFirst()||$_link->getIsLast()): ?> class="<?php if($_link->getIsFirst()): ?>first<?php endif; ?><?php if($_link->getIsLast()): ?> last<?php endif; ?>"<?php endif; ?> <?php echo $_link->getLiParams() ?>><?php echo $_link->getBeforeText() ?><a href="<?php echo $_link->getUrl() ?>" title="<?php echo $_link->getTitle() ?>" <?php echo $_link->getAParams() ?>><?php echo $_link->getLabel() ?></a><?php echo $_link->getAfterText() ?></li>

<?php endif;?>
    <?php 
endforeach; ?>

<?php 
echo $this->getChildHtml('store_language'?>
        <?php 
echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock('cms/block')->setBlockId('nav_right')->toHtml() // in the CMS static block ?>
</ul>
<?php endif; ?>

Has anyone run into anything like this? Or is it simply a case of me misunderstanding what this code is actually doing?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrdail87

Just noticed this block doesn’t refer to “footer_links” anywhere. I’m assuming that might have something to do with it.

But the links follow the same format that this block of code generates. Still just as lost as I was before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrdail87

Okay just solved this. These links aren’t generated by a static block or anything like that. It looks like there are footer links that get generated based on other option in your admin panel. Seems like a very confusing way of doing this but here it is:
http://www.hostknox.com/tutorials/magento/remove-footer-links

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community