Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Dataflow import bug?? 

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Hi all,

I was working with importing some products and to my surprise found that none of them were queried on the search in the front end. A little investigation revealed that no records had been inserted into ’catalog_product_website‘ table.

I tried creating a product manually and observed that there is a records in this table. So exported this record and imported by changing the SKU and product name alone. But found that there are no records created in catalog_product_website table. Is this a known issue? I wonder because this is pretty basic and someone should have faced this by now.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@srinigenie: during the import, which store did you select in the profile wizard?
Did you have “store” column in your import file? If yes, what values did you have in this column?

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

yes .... I tried with “admin” ..it didnt work, then tried with “default” ...still didnt work and then finally with “base” and no luck either :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

I should have done this earlier. ok… better late than never smile ...listing import file contents which imports one product...(unable to attach in the forum for some strange reason)…

store|attribute_set|type|entity_id|sku|category_ids|status|tax_class_id|visibility|weight|price|name|url_key|gift_message_available|meta_title|meta_description|image|small_image|thumbnail|custom_design|url_path|description|short_description|meta_keyword|custom_layout_update|qty|min_qty|use_config_min_qty|is_qty_decimal|backorders|use_config_backorders|min_sale_qty|use_config_min_sale_qty|max_sale_qty|use_config_max_sale_qty|is_in_stock|notify_stock_qty|use_config_notify_stock_qty
"default"|"Default"|"Simple Product"|"16"|"1212"|""|"Enabled"|"Taxable Goods"|"Catalog, Search"|"12.0000"|"12.0000"|"PDT Name"|"12"|"Use config"|""|""|"no_selection"|"no_selection"|"no_selection"|""|"12.html"|"12"|"12"|""|""|"0.0000"|"0.0000"|"1"|"0"|"0"|"1"|"1.0000"|"1"|"0.0000"|"1"|"0"|""|"1"

And know what found someonelse facing the same issue
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4837/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vakiliy

Total Posts:  1

I same issue.
partially solve problem…
in file Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/Product.php change in line 266 before: $product->save(); insert

if (isset($row['row']['store'])) {
    $storeId 
Mage::app()->getStore($row['row']['store'])->getId();

else {
    $storeId 
Mage::registry('current_convert_profile')->getStoreId();

}

if ($storeId{
   $product
->setWebsiteIds(array($storeId));

}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark_Kimsal

Total Posts:  186
Michigan, USA

Yes, the current dataflow importer doesn’t save the web site ID properly.  One solution is to create 2 website views, then when you are editing your products you can select which web site the product belongs to.  Strange how the Web site can only be edited if there are multiple store views present.

The heirachy should go

Site -> Store -> View

So even if you specify the “store” correctly, the site doesn’t get saved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

I’ve have the same issue. In order to make a single product visibile in frontend I need to clik on “edit” and save it (even with no really editing the record)

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

this solve my problem !

in file Mage/Catalog/Model/Convert/Adapter/Product.php change in line 266 before: $product->save(); insert

if (isset($row[’row’][’store’])) {
$storeId = Mage::app()->getStore($row[’row’][’store’])->getId();
} else {
$storeId = Mage::registry(’current_convert_profile’)->getStoreId();
}
if ($storeId) {
$product->setWebsiteIds(array($storeId));
}

PS: You have to delete and re-import all the product, otherwise you have to do those by hand !

It works !

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Have logged a bug for this. Please track
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=1502

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

all my simple product were imported well… I now have this error when I am trying to view my Configurable Product on the frontend:

Error 500 - Internal server error
An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jhebert

Total Posts:  8

In addition to this, any image paths in my import file are not represented in the database. I manually added records in catalog_product_website, then had to add records to catalog_product_entity_media_gallery and catalog_product_entity_media_gallery_value so that my images showed up in the admin panel for product management on the images tab.

Are there plans to modify this so that image paths are added to the tables mentioned?

Thanks…

Jason
webdevology.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

jeanlucb - 25 March 2008 08:28 AM

It works !

Yes, it works. Thanks for sharing!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

cibernoid,

Can you do me a favor and import 25 Simple Products, and try to make a Configurable Product with them with over 20 Associated Products ?

For me, as soon as I add more than 20, on my frontend, this product gives me a 500 Internal Server Error.

I can send you my csv if you don’t want to create one.

Thank you,

Jean-Luc B.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Jean-Luc,
I’ve created a configurable product with 30 associated products without error.

Although I just get “Internal Server Error” when I import an huge csv file with 3000+ items. It only imports first 90 items.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

that’s weird then what I am getting…

I am also importing small CSV with only 40 items MAX each…

I don’t know why :@

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

@jeanlucb --- strange ...didnt you notice that the bug you logged for the issue has been picked up by Magento team for resolution
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=1503

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2