Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Multistore Admin

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

I am wondering if Magento does/will have the ability to control the permissions of Admin.  If I want to have multiple store fronts utilizing the same Magento platform but have different admins for the different stores.  I do not want admin A to see admin B’s store.  Anyone?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

This may be possible to some extent (catalog, orders, customers) but not fully. Magento’s permissions were never intended to support full separation.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aarne

Total Posts:  130

This might be great for example cross-border franchises. To utilize one platform for several domain front-ends. One country uses one admin, other the second on so on. And then there’s of course the motherload who controls everything.

Of course this probably requires huge re-thinking of things, but might be extremely nice feature to think about in th elong run. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Is that you evil one?

Total Posts:  31

I can’t imagine it would be too difficult.  You just set a permissions field for an admin account to only show X store.  It just hides the other stuff.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Johan

Total Posts:  104
Sweden

I’d like to see this aswell. It would be very neat.

Magento Community
Magento Community

1legspider

Total Posts:  8

Hi, me too..

Judging by this and other multisite threads, this would be a popular feature…

Regards,
Gerry

Magento Community
Magento Community

lopsta.com

Total Posts:  145

can i use different domains with multistire in magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

@lopsta - you will be able to have multiple stores on different domains.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Web3

Total Posts:  5

Roy,

Could you please give us a better answer then “Magento doesn’t support this” ? Is it possible through an extension? Is it maybe allready build? Are you guys planning a feature like this? If you decide to make an extension for this, are there specific rules to follow?

I have been reading several forum topics and it seems to me a lot of people would really like this feature. In my modest opinion, this feature would make Magento really complete. But, somehow, nobody seems to be willing to give answers about this matter. Maybe you could be so kind to do this.

Also, maybe it’s a good idea to centralize all the topcis about this matter, because now they are all over the place. Also, if centralized, it would be easier to see how many people support this request.

Thanx in advance.

Lars

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community