Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“woot” style home page

ariopp

Total Posts:  1

Hi,
Should be a simple q:
I would like to start a store with a “woot style” home page.

What I mean by this is that I will have about 2 or 3 products only. When customers comes to my store, they see all the 3 products immediately on the home page, and they can add them instantly to the cart.

What would I need to be able to do this? I assume all I would need is the correct HTML code for the “product item” and “add to cart” buttons etc? Could someone help me out?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gabrielk

Total Posts:  83

If you want a REALLY simple way to do this, you could use .htaccess to shoot homepage visitors directly to your main catalogue page.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

You can add this code in your CMS editor for the home page:

{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="123"}}

Change the category id to the ID of your category containing the products you want on the front page. Then you can update the product list template to modify the layout if required.

w00t!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community