Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Transactional Emails

easym

Total Posts:  21

Hi all,
I am trying to find information to help with me setting up email notifications. I have been unable to find any forum posts that deal with this issue.

I am in the process of testing the site and the orders are coming through onto dashboard with problem.

However, I do not receive an email notification that an order has been placed, nor is an email notification sent out to the user with order confirmation.

Could someone please help me with this. Should magento pick up the email server settings through ‘localhost’? Is there somewhere I need to specify the smtp settings? 

Thanks in advance

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

neuromancer

Total Posts:  24

im having trouble with my emails too. None of my emails are sending on the orders

Magento Community
Magento Community

appity

Total Posts:  11

Me too. I do not receive emails from Newsletter Signup, Contact Us, New Accounts or Orders etc. I’m using a fresh Magento install on the same linux server as my old test version of Magento… which worked fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neuromancer

Total Posts:  24

I found the solution to my problem.

Im using Linux Redhat with Cpanel.

It turns out that the nobody user on my server needs to be allowed to send mail. After I changed that setting the mail started working.
I typically dont like this but I had to get this thing going.

Magento Community
Magento Community

appity

When I changed Locale from English (Australian) back to the English(United States) default my emails started coming through again. Have added it to the bug report.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sharkers

Total Posts:  2

Hi guys,

I was having the same problem with locale set as English (United Kingdom) - wishlists were coming through but nothing else. Having changed locale to English (United States) everything comes through absolutely fine, albeit into the spam folder wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

pauljg1

Total Posts:  179

For U.K and i assume any other country Duplicate /app/locale/en_US/ folder and then call it en_GB and the emails will work.

Set you locale setting to where you are...........

Magento Community
Magento Community

turnon

Total Posts:  129

Question

if a customer fills in the contact page a email is send to my emailadress the customer do not receive a copy
Is this a magnento setting and how to change ?

2. the sender of the email is the email adress of my shop in stead of the email adress of the customer
how to change

thankx for your quick reply

Magento Community
Magento Community

joseph

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Can anyone tell me where to specify the “Password Reset” email? 
I’ve customized the template and saved it, but it is still sending the default email with “Magento Demo Store” instead of our store name.
I realize that the majority of these are specified in the System -> Configuration area, but cannot find where to set this one…

Thanks in Advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

joseph - 02 May 2008 03:42 AM

I’ve customized the template and saved it, but it is still sending the default email with “Magento Demo Store” instead of our store name.
I realize that the majority of these are specified in the System -> Configuration area, but cannot find where to set this one…

Thanks in Advance!

You can edit the default at app > locale > en_US > template > email > sales

If you change it there it will automatically be set as those are the default files.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

This is a Magento bug (transactional emails). There’s a hack available:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11186/

Magento 1.1 should fix this, though the alpha release I have does not have it fixed yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

I dont see what to edit in “app > locale > en_US > template > email > sales “.  All I see are a bunch of order, shipment and invoice emails.  No password reset email.  Is it one of these?

sherrie - 02 May 2008 07:31 AM

joseph - 02 May 2008 03:42 AM

Thanks in Advance!

You can edit the default at app > locale > en_US > template > email > sales

If you change it there it will automatically be set as those are the default files.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community