Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable product as dropdown filter

Serial Killa

Total Posts:  76
Malaysia

Hi there ,

I would like to know if Configurable product can act as a drop down filter for product

Give you an example.

I’m selling a motorcycle brakepads. this part can be used with many different types of motorcycles.

go to the category brakepads, choose your Make/Model/Year via a dropdown filter and you get your brake pad result.

Possible to do this in Magento ?

Image Attachments
example.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Serial Killa

Malaysia

hmm anyone ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

The functionality as you describe will have to be extended with custom programming. The configurable products act as a single product, so they won’t let you “drill down” to find a product. They just let you select your “options” for the single configurable product.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Serial Killa

Malaysia

Alright, who can help me develop this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

That’s odd. As far as I can see all the configurable product does is to allow you to drill down to the particular product you are interested in. I would like it to work as a single product with different options but it doesn’t. If you treat it as a single product, set up tier pricing and buy, say, 100 of them in different sizes and colour you should be eligible for the bulk discount you set up on the product earlier.  But in fact what is added to the cart is several different products and you don’t get the discount. Maybe this is a bug then?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community