Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Moving Magento extension from old site to new

designersiteltd

Total Posts:  1

Hi Guys

I was wondering whether anyone would be able to assist with this query, i am upgrading from an old verion 1.4 to the latest 1.7 and i have done most of the move apart from some of the side panels of the site and also the original extensions.  Can anyone please explain how i might remove the extensions from the old website and re-install in the new verision without having to re-purchase the item again.

thanks in advance for any help and advice you have to offer.

Brad

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

First you’ll want to go to each of the extensions providers and check to make sure that the extensions you were using are compatible with 1.7. Often they will have newer/different versions of their extensions that work for 1.7 vs. 1.4.

If you’ve purchased the extensions via their websites, you should be able to sign in with the account you used to purchase them and download them again from the Your Account page. If you had your developer purchase them on your behalf, contact your developer and have them re-download the extensions for you.

Once you have the new download packages, just install them like you normally would.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community