Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Install Issues - Store Front End Doesnt show. 

Charles of 5DPI

Total Posts:  9

Hey Guys,

After a few trials and errors, I got Magento installed. The front end (the store) does not seem to show, and the back end works at about 90%. When I upload product pictures it gives me an HTTP error.

I currently host with Host Gator on a reseller account, I have done the steps in .htaccess to have PHP 5.x running and I also changed the ‘mods’ on the file directories. Everything installed great with no errors.

Any ideas as to my issue?

You can find the front end here http://www.unikswim.com/shop/

Thanks guys.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

lindaw

Total Posts:  201

It’s likely your hosting account doesn’t have enough memory. Magento is a memory hog and I have found it needs at least 32mb of PHP memory to run properly. I used to have those problems so ask your host what the memory limit is. You may have to move hosts as some of them won’t put it up if you’re on a shared server.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles of 5DPI

lindaw - 23 March 2008 09:26 PM

It’s likely your hosting account doesn’t have enough memory. Magento is a memory hog and I have found it needs at least 32mb of PHP memory to run properly. I used to have those problems so ask your host what the memory limit is. You may have to move hosts as some of them won’t put it up if you’re on a shared server.

Okay, any other ideas if its not memory?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

@Charles of 5DPI: looks good from my side. did you fix it already? if not could you give any specific page that doesn’t show?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Agsaqqal

Total Posts:  1

Well, I’m having same problem. My installation is complete. I can access Admin part, but when I go to frontend says “No input file specified.”

Any ideas? BTW, I dont think its a memory problem, I’m using a business plan from InMotion and there is a lot of free memory.

I’m receiving that error in : http://innoversitet.com/magento/index.php/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Charles of 5DPI

Moshe - 24 March 2008 09:20 AM

@Charles of 5DPI: looks good from my side. did you fix it already? if not could you give any specific page that doesn’t show?

This is my store: http://unikswim.com/shop/

No products that I have listed show. They are a few bathing suites that my client has inputed. I know everything is working fine I just don’t know how to make everything show like the demo store on the Magento Website.

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabrusch

Total Posts:  44
Wuerzburg, Germany

Hey Charles of 5DPI,

your shop seems to show products now. Can you please post the solution for the problem with the frontend so that others can fix it too?

Thanks a lot

Magento Community
Magento Community

whidbey

Total Posts:  20

hello Charles of 5DPI , your site seems ok now,can u give us a point?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gabrusch

Total Posts:  44
Wuerzburg, Germany

I’ve solved the problem for my problem. It seems to be a typical “noob” error although I find Magento, which is in general totally amazing, in this point a little unintuitive.

Anyways, the solution was this post: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5111/

@whidbey, I hope this solves your issue, too

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community