Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento rant

Dannyz1984

Total Posts:  153

it seems that more and more magento is focusing on enterprise, and i dont blame them because open source seems to not be working for them in terms of putting money in variens pockets.

this magento community is kind of weak if you ask me.  the help is not sufficient, and once again i dont blame them, because the people who are more than happy to help are up to their knees with all kinds of problems they face themselves with magento, whether it comes to figuring out the architecture and how to manipulate it to their needs or just simply having problems installing it.

if i wanted to pay someone 50 bux to do a simple thing for me in magento, moderators dont allow me to make this posting unless i post it in the job board, and they charge $75 for a 30 day posting? 

whats the point Varien?  stop selling us out!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Active Braces

Total Posts:  25

I 100% agree with you, pharmokan. Recently my boss was replaced, and the new one just can’t understand why we chose to use Magento.

I especially agree with your last point about having to pay $75 for a job where you aren’t even going to be awarding that much. I use elance.com to find people to work on my site. (FREE!) I highly recommend it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hydra
Guru

Total Posts:  378
Amsterdam

Hi,

I wouldn’t be surprised if one of these days a fork of Magento will pop up somewhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community