Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Email Copy of Invoice

henson616

Total Posts:  3

When I go to invoice an order and I click to “Email Copy of Invoice” I receive the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setTemplate() on a non-object in /app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Block/Items/Abstract.php on line 89

I just recently update my version to 1.3.2.2 and the error was not there in 1.3.2.1. 

I’ve attached a screenshot of the error.

Thanks!

Image Attachments
Screenshot.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mrdrum18

Total Posts:  6

I’m experiencing this as well. Anyone?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mrdrum18

Total Posts:  6

Found a possible cause. Occurs when a user has an order in the system when they were not a member. They later sign up to be a member with the same email. You then try to email invoice with that email.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MUSHEZ

Total Posts:  20

I am having the same issue, but it isn’t in our case due to the above posible reason.  Anyone have any tips on what they have found is causing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

markus79

Total Posts:  16
Vienna

same thing happening to me…
somebody found a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MUSHEZ

Markus79 - 07 September 2009 06:07 AM

same thing happening to me…
somebody found a solution?

We still have the issue some times, it is down to a random thing now.  We organized the commercial extensions of Fooman PDF invoice editor as well as SmatEbusiness and Fooman did a few things to tidy it up for it would happen some times, rather than ALL the time.

He recons it is a CASHE issue and we haven’t got to a fool proof solution, but have resolved it 80% with what Fooman did for us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN
Guru

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi all,

I looked a bit further into the issue of the setTemplate error. It seems a reoccuring bug in Magento (ie every time an update around the email templates is made)

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5952/P0/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/14735/P0/
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5952/

Possible fixes:

1. copy the subfolders from
/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/email/order
to
/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/email/order

note: if you use a different theme make sure to change ‘default’

2.in the backend go to system > transactional emails and delete your existing email templates and then add them again as new.

Your mileage may vary depending on which version of Magento you have installed, if and which upgrades you applied.

good luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

zestudio

Hi,
I have the same problem with 1.3.2.3 and 1.3.2.4
I seems that the problem comes from the getItemHtml() function called in html template invoice/items.phtml that display the html description of the item (set up with fontis FCK)

I installed Fontis 1.0.6 on my first site, and it works fine. But not on my second site with fontis 1.1.0. I just tried to downgrade the fontis FCK to 1.0.6 and i’m waiting for a new order to test.

Has someone the same config of fontis fck and the same problem ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

zestudio

I tested again, and no change with fontis 1.0.6. It’s another reason.
I only have this bug with grouped products.

I have the problem too. With both 1.3.2.3 and 1.3.2.4 version. It seems that the problem comes from the email template :
app\design\frontend\default\default\template\email\order\invoice\items.phtml

It blocks on this function : $this->getItemHtml($_item) which has to render product into html content. It seems also appear only for grouped products.

http://docs.magentocommerce.com/Mage_Checkout/Mage_Checkout_Block_Cart_Abstract.html#getItemHtml

Has Someone an idea with this new elements ?
Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

FrankTheDog

Total Posts:  25

zestudio ... did you find any way out of this invoice things? ( I’m on ver 1.3.2.4 )
I’ve been stuck for a week and still cannot work this out,
been copying suggested /email/order into adminhtml, delete and re-create templates, clearing cache ...
works for a while, but then its stuck again

any help would be highly appriciated ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

sinclar

Total Posts:  2

Hi francky

I’m sorry but I’ve tried many things found on various forums, re-installed 5 times magento (1.3.2.3,1.3.2.4..) and I can say now that it’s a real core bug… All the code seem to be ok with templates call, but still not working.

I have another site, on the same configuration, that works perfectly. The only difference is that this site is using only simple products. This bug concerns grouped products apparently.

I’m strongly waiting for the new release from magento that should, as I understood, fix bugs for grouped products. I’m installing the 1.4.0.0 alpha release on another server with current database of the given grouped products site to see if the bug is still here.

I’ll tell you if it’s better smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

sinclar

Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I just installed release 1.4.0.0 alpha3 on my dev. server and tested the email copy of invoice. I created 1 grouped product with simple products and the email bug for invoice seems to have disappeared. So we just have to wait for 1.4.0.0 stable release…

Magento Community
Magento Community

MUSHEZ

sinclar - 12 November 2009 11:35 PM

Hi,

I just installed release 1.4.0.0 alpha3 on my dev. server and tested the email copy of invoice. I created 1 grouped product with simple products and the email bug for invoice seems to have disappeared. So we just have to wait for 1.4.0.0 stable release…

Sounds promising.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fusa2

Total Posts:  11

Any joy with this issue? I am also having it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fusa2

Total Posts:  11

Actually just looking into a bit more, the 3x times it has happened today each order has contained at least 1 grouped product. But orders with only simple products seem to work fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MUSHEZ

fusa2 - 17 December 2009 06:31 PM

Any joy with this issue? I am also having it.

Nope - we are still working on a solution - hedging bets on Alpha fixing it all up for us - but if that doesn’t work going to dive deeper to see what else we can to to fix it up.  It is such a pain.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2