Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Categories - Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site - Operation Aborted

whisperingbuddha

Total Posts:  1

I just installed Magento 1.3.2.2

When I click on “Manage Categories” I get this error:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site (http://www.marwoodveneer.com...etc) - Operation Aborted

I am running IE 7. I tried to view in FireFox and the page semi loads....a waiting box keeps spinning indefinitely.

Looks like it is some kind of javaScript error or some kind of misconfiguration.

Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?

Image Attachments
categories_error.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Callum

Total Posts:  21
Kent

I’ve got exactly the same problem. I read somewhere you can fix it by adding defer="defer" in the <script> tag. I did a find a replace on every <script> tag within the app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/ and added defer="defer" but this didnt fix the problem

Any ideas would help.. I cant see how some people get it and not others.. ?

Some info:

I have several other versions running of Magneto, 1.1.2 works fine in ie7/6. 1.3.1 works fine. I have two sites on 1.3.2.2 and both do not work in ie7/6.

Magento Community
Magento Community

michalcz

Total Posts:  1

Same Problem here, if anybody knows an answer I’ll buy a beer!:-)

Thanks,
Daniel

Magento Community
Magento Community

lurebeauty

Total Posts:  229

I get same error when i click “manage categories” in admin

Internet explorer cannot open the internet site

magento/index.php/admin/catalog_category/index/keyf4ab.....etc etc
Operation aborted

Can someone help?  i see to add “defer” but im not sure which files to add this to??  EVERY FILE under the js folder?  im a novice and just learning a bit of php so forgive me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

daveloodts

Total Posts:  67
Belgium

Same problem here ! Only on IE !

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul W

Total Posts:  33
Dorst UK

Hi All,

We have just upgraded to Magento 1.3.2.2 as well and have now started getting the same error on “Manage Categories” IE7 - Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site (http://www.webaddress.co.uk) - Operation Aborted and then bombs out with no error log at all!

We have also started getting this error on a product page as well - oh bummer :-(. If you click back a page, it redisplays ok, strange.

Everything loads fine on Firefox & Safari.

Check out the link if you want - Click Here

Any help would be mostly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PhilNG

Total Posts:  12

YEah I have the same problem, they need to fix this with there new update. When is a stable version going to come out lol. Every update is like 15 fixes, so I always hold up until the next version. They should fix all the basic and make it perfect then go on to the google connect and whatever.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lurebeauty

they said in this new release 1.3.2.3, that this would have been fixed but i overwrote all of my files and im still getting this error

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paul W

Total Posts:  33
Dorst UK

Hi,

Problem Solved - Finally got the pages to display, Whaaaawho! I followed this post - http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewpost/123734/

I had to re-edit the lightbox.js and link the images, after that Bobs your aunties, uncles, cousin and it worked fine! Give it a go.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Hillside General Store

Total Posts:  16
Linden, TN

I dont get a visual error message but I am unable to add subcategories or edit categories that is already there.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lurebeauty

im still having problems, I installed debugger and enabled debugging and all it did was freeze up my computer and now i cant even get on i.e. at all.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lurebeauty

Ok i disabled debugging again and now its ok, i can manage categories now too, thank you!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

brianfeister

Total Posts:  8

OK, I’m having the same problem but in addition, products don’t show up at all in “search” or any other “list / grid view” areas.  Is this the same problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community