Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento USPS July 2013 Api Patch

goivvy
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Moscow, Russia

If you are using USPS Priority and Express mail methods you should patch your magento installation starting Sunday July 28 2013 as Usps rolled out their api change.

We have created a patch and you can download it here http://goivvy.com/blog/magento-usps-july-2013-patch/

Patch has been tested in magento community 1.4.1 - 1.7.0.2

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

augsteyer

Total Posts:  2

Found an issue with first release. They used $this keyword in a static method in app\code\community\GoIvvy\UspsPatch\Helper\Data.php line 19. Had to remove static from getNewVersion function to stop it from erroring. Other than that, works like a charm. (v.1.7.2)

Magento Community
Magento Community

rossmannsupply

Total Posts:  34

augsteyer - 31 July 2013 06:30 AM

Found an issue with first release. They used $this keyword in a static method in app\code\community\GoIvvy\UspsPatch\Helper\Data.php line 19. Had to remove static from getNewVersion function to stop it from erroring. Other than that, works like a charm. (v.1.7.2)

Would you be able to paste the changed file that works? We untar’d this patch &U;cleared cahe but still receive errors on USPS shipping methods. :(

Also, is there anything other than untarring this in the base magento install directory & clearing the cache required to make this work? Do I have to tell magento that there is a goivvy\uspspatch directory there now and tell it to do something, or does it instinctively know?

Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Moscow, Russia

we fixed static issue - here download the latest and greatest http://goivvy.com/blog/magento-usps-july-2013-patch/

@rossmannsupply here installation instructions http://goivvy.com/how-to-install/

install it like any other extension / clear cache and you are all set

Magento Community
Magento Community

rsigg

Total Posts:  1

@goivvy, fix worked great!

Thanks so much for putting it out there…

Magento Community
Magento Community

goivvy
Guru

Moscow, Russia

@rsigg you are very welcome

Magento Community
Magento Community

skysnet

Total Posts:  19

Alright...I spent few hours and reverse engineered the patch for 1.7.x . Now sure who was the genius behind this patch but apparently Magento guys forgot about Windows Platform / IIS and also thought everyone in the world has access to ssh...anyhow, the patch actually changes the files below

app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Express/Checkout.php
app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Helper/Data.php
app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Usps.php
app/code/core/Mage/Usa/Model/Shipping/Carrier/Usps/Source/Method.php
app/code/core/Mage/Usa/etc/config.xml
app/code/core/Mage/Usa/sql/usa_setup/upgrade-1.6.0.1.1.1-1.6.0.1.1.2.php
app/etc/applied.patches.list

and updated files for 1.7.x is attached. i already tested it in few of our magento websites and they all look good but still proceed at your own risk. make sure you backup the files above before replacing them.

also, needless to mention that (if you’re using magento compiler) disable compiler before patching and refresh magento cache after patching (then if everything works fine, feel free to turn on the compiler)

File Attachments
magento_usps_patch_1-7-x.zip  (File Size: 40KB - Downloads: 59)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pdubb

Total Posts:  10

I couldn’t download the link… Even if I “Save Link As..” nothing was in the folder. Am I doing something wrong? I tried from GoIvy’s site as well, but nothing happened after install. Cleared all cache. (Backend, all options plus CSS, Image Cache, Storage Cache etc.) and then even turned on compiler (That crashed the site. Compiler was off during instal).
Hoping this zip file that is above would be different...?

Thanks,

P

Magento Community
Magento Community

syedqurat

Total Posts:  2

Attach file is damage kindly upload again

Magento Community
Magento Community

skysnet

Total Posts:  19

Yea that’s funny. first time that i click it goes to blank page but second time it downloads fine with Firefox and Chrome. I have also posted it here
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/484342/

Let me know if still any issues and i can upload to a mirror site

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community