Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Calculate freight based on total price %

kgloverfl

Total Posts:  14

I am having a Magento site built but have run into a stumbling block.  I currently run 3D Cart where I am able to calculate freight based on the sale price + tax as a percentage.

Apparently, Magento does not have this feature so I am wondering if someone knows of a plugin that will work or a way to make this setup work.

Below are my current freight percentages.
0 - 199.99 = 50%
200 - 999.99 = 20%
1000 - 2999.99 = 15%
3000 - 100000 = 10%

So if someone orders products that total $1500.00, the freight charge would be 15% of $1500.00, or $225.00.

I would also like to double those amounts for shipments west of the Mississippi.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi!
Please have a look at Shipping Table Rates Extension.
It offers great tools to create any number of shipping methods: multiple flat rates, multiple table rates, etc.
Take advantage of the module flexibility – flat and percent rates, combinations of address, weight, price and quantity to calculate shipping. Import rates and edit them manually to make sure the rates stay actual at all times.

For more details, user guide and live demo please follow the link http://amasty.com/shipping-table-rates.html

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community