Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Installed, but maybe not quite right…

MunchyMonster

Total Posts:  71
New Hampshire, USA

I’m installing on a TotalChoice server. They have been kind enough to upgrade their PHP to include the pdo_mysql module that was missing from the requirements and have been very open to helping, but I’m not sure what to ask for. I’ve gotten magento to install by using the SVN install method. The Automatic Beta install keeps failing on me.

Now I was hoping (rather naively) that it would all just work, and for the most part it has.  I’ve been able to play with themes and adding products. 

When I saw that a new version had been released I tried to upgrade through the admin panel, but no luck.  Can someone help me understand how to use the admin panel to upgrade, or do I need to reinstall to make that work?  I’m a software engineer by trade, but this is my first foray into PHP.  Any help would be most appreciated.

-Mike
New Magento User

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community