Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Stack Trace when trying to view configurable product

Howard

Total Posts:  14

I added one configurable product without issue.  I tried to use the same method while adding another configurable product.  When I view it on the front page, it shows the same option 4 times.  When I try to view it in the admin section, it throws a stack trace.  Its easter and the kids are so ready to search for eggs, I have to run, but thought I would share this, incase its a bug.  If more info is needed, just let me know.  The stack trace is below. 

Create Simple Associated Product
Create Empty Copy From Configurable

exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Element with id “simple_product_bw_ga36xt” already exists’ in /home/molec/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Form.php:118
Stack trace:
#0 /home/molec/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Abstract.php(51): Varien_Data_Form->checkElementId(’simple_product_...’)
#1 /home/molec/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Form/Abstract.php(120): Varien_Data_Form_Element_Abstract->addElement(Object(Varien_Data_Form_Element_Select), false)
#2 /home/molec/public_html/lib/Varien/Data/Form/Element/Fieldset.php(97): Varien_Data_Form_Abstract->addField(’simple_product_...’, ‘select’, Array, false)
#3 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tab/Super/Config/Simple.php(108): Varien_Data_Form_Element_Fieldset->addField(’simple_product_...’, ‘select’, Array)
#4 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Form.php(87): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tab_Super_Config_Simple->_prepareForm()
#5 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(552): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Form->_beforeToHtml()
#6 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(430): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#7 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(407): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml(’simple’, true)
#8 /home/molec/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/default/default/template/catalog/product/edit/super/config.phtml(30): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml(’simple’)
#9 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(120): include(’/home/molec/pub...’)
#10 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(152): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView(’adminhtml/defau...’)
#11 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(169): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#12 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(553): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#13 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Catalog/Product/Edit/Tabs.php(170): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#14 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(192): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Catalog_Product_Edit_Tabs->_prepareLayout()
#15 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(402): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#16 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php(155): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(’adminhtml/catal...’, ‘product_tabs’)
#17 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(341): Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->editAction()
#18 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(141): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’edit’)
#19 /home/molec/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#20 /home/molec/public_html/app/Mage.php(421): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#21 /home/molec/public_html/index.php(29): Mage::run(’default’)
#22 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Howard

So, I have tried to create other configurable products, seems that all of them are getting a similar stack trace.  Is anyone else seeing this same behavior?

Howard

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ian M

Total Posts:  25

Hi Howard,

I am also seeing the same problem although I see it has already been raised as a bug - see the following link “http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=1451”

Ian

Magento Community
Magento Community

Howard

Thanks Ian, that looks like exactly the same issue. 

Howard

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

I am facing the exact same issue…

anyone have a solution to that problem ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community