Magento Forum

Australian Google Base

dilby

Total Posts:  33

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with adding products to Australian Google Base. Magento only seems to include options for U.S, U.K and Germany. Are there any changes I can make to be able to use it over here?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

idaviesuk

Total Posts:  5

Now googlebase is supported in Australia, at least you can see it in the optioions on Google anyway, how do you enable it in Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SushiTrain

Total Posts:  13

I’ve checked the Google Base forum and currently this is only offered for real estate and not products in Australia. The post was from a Google employee posted just a few weeks ago.

Magento Community
Magento Community

benz001

Total Posts:  238
Sydney

As of today (May 4th 2011) Google shopping is now active in Australia for products, I’m just about to wade through the code in mage 1.5.* to try and extend it for Australia - has anyone already done this?

Update: One immediate problem, the Google Base API is being shut down in a couple of months. It doesn’t return valid AU product types from Google and probably never will, what’s actually needed is a rewrite of the entire Magento Google Base module to switch over to the Shopping API.

At this stage I’m not sure what direction is the best, rewrite this module to switch API’s, wait for a new Magento release to do it for me (which may take ages as the underlying Zend Framework doesn’t yet support the new Google API) or create a simpler XML feed module based on the existing RSS code. I’m open to suggestions!

Magento Community
Magento Community

rusty1001

Total Posts:  14

This looks like google base to me in australia

http://bit.ly/nPb5IU

I was looking for photo frames,

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community