Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal Important Update – SSL Certificate Upgrade

jezcentre

Total Posts:  3

Hi,

Received an email from Paypal related to an upgrade of SSL security certificate.  I\’m using Magento Community edition 1.6.1.0 with the supplied Paypal integration (no download of certificates).  Has anyone tested this, I believe that no action needs to be done from the customer side?

Thanks,
Jez

Email quoted below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

n keeping with industry standards set by the Certification Authority/Browser (CA/B) Forum, PayPal will discontinue supporting 1024-bit key length certificates and will migrate to 2048-bit certificates before the end of 2013.

We have completed the installation of 2048-bit certificates for all API endpoints in our PayPal Sandbox and Payflow Pilot environments, and we will be doing the same for our production environments starting on 6 August 2013.

We strongly encourage merchants to thoroughly test any existing integration(s) in the PayPal Sandbox and/or Payflow Pilot environments to ensure this migration will not cause any unforeseen issues.

Please have the team or person responsible for your integration refer to the following:

If you need to import the new PayPal Sandbox and/or Payflow Pilot server certificates to your application or system truststore, you can download production and Sandbox certificates from https://ppmts.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/952.

If you don\’t typically import the server certificates to your truststore, you can proceed with testing with no other action required.

If you have any questions, please contact PayPal Merchant Technical Services by filing a ticket; refer to PP-LIVE-3503. You may also visit our Live Site Status blog.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

helefa

Total Posts:  9

I have exactly the same q. Working off magento CE 1.6.2.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kannan007

Total Posts:  4

To check this issue :-

Change your LIVE PayPal settings to Sandbox (use sandbox api, username, password) and complete a test transaction in your website.
If everything working fine without any PayPal error, your website will be work with new paypal changes.

I have checked with magento CE 1.6.0.2 & 1.7.0.2 version and its working fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

helefa

Total Posts:  9

Thanks kannan007 - you helped point me in the right direction. My issue was that I never had a test sandbox account as an end-user, only owner. I had to set one of those up first before I could test and check out on my site with the sandbox account. Works fine in 1.6.2.0. No need to worry.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community