Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where do things really live? 

Howard

Total Posts:  14

So, I finally gave up on trying to get my items to show up on the home page.  I Thought I would get smart and install the sample data.  Now, Im trying to figure out where things actually live.  Specifically, the links across the top for “Furniture, Electronics, Apparel”.  Based on my interaction with other CMS’s products out there, I thought those links would be created dynamically and stored in the DB when a catagory was created, but that doesnt apper to be t the case.  At that point, I did a recursive grep through all files in the docroot, and didnt find anything(didnt think I would, but what the helk).  Im off to read more about Magento so I have a better understanding of whats happneing.  If anyone has a quick answer to my question, it would be greatly appreciated.

Howard

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

They are stored in the DB.  Read my post in the other thread about products not showing on the home page and see if that solution works for you.  I don’t know if it’s the right way to do it, but it worked for me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community