Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Customer user attribute field

Serial Killa

Total Posts:  76
Malaysia

Would be nice to have Custom Customer user attribute settings,
ability to add new form fields for Customer registering.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mytechfactory

Total Posts:  78
New York, NY

This is possible with a little coding
What fields would you like to add?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Serial Killa

Malaysia

For example,
i would like to add

Vehicle

Make
Model
Year
VIN no

Magento Community
Magento Community

mk30

Total Posts:  73
Lithuania/Vilnius

It may even be integrated into the core maybe. and also one more activation after validation by hand/email.... The main reason why activation after link in email clicked that no mass signups occur. and by hand if you want to filter your customers by hand… :D only my 5 cents :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

Serial Killa

Malaysia

I’m thinking of adding, ,VAT number for wholesale customers also
any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mk30

Total Posts:  73
Lithuania/Vilnius

What I’m missing for magento is documentation… Hate to say that I ve managed to go over template logic all by myself on preview version 0,8 as i have read that they were out dated… It seems that you need to walk in the dark and try to find the correct switch all by yourself ( sorry guys, I know you have invested a lot in this product and you want cash flowing back 2 you) through partners programs and so on… but how about simple users ??? I’m not an pro programmer lets say it’s my hobby to look at the newest products… what I noticed sometimes not listening what users are saying can lead to something what happened to Codeigniter framework… people just got tired of waiting for core team to fix bug implement some feature in code etc. and made a fork kohana php. This is just my opinion do not hate me for this… and also here in EU and UK.. VAT codes are important ones… cause if I buy from other EU country I don’t pay VAT. think about it :D it is important here in Europe…

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

anand k - 06 April 2008 02:45 AM

I’m thinking of adding, ,VAT number for wholesale customers also
any ideas?

and me too!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

justjay202

Total Posts:  9
Brea, CA

in the US..
need:
Company Name
Company Address
Company Bus Tel
Company Fax
Company Web
Annual Revenue
Number of Employees
Lead Source
VAT (for European customers)
Reseller License (for same-state transactions)

among a host of others to do B2C AND B2B.

i think a lot of retailers once they get to a certain size will invariably think about B2B.

our business is entirely B2B and 0% B2C. our erp is hosted in Netsuite while we use a 3rd party cart (ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT) for ecommerce. please pm if you need an explanation for why we do this.

it would be a good idea to mimic the better-built erp’s in terms of customer/account information.

we are looking to build an XML connector that will pull info back and forth between Netsuite and magento. we are going to develop the framework extensible enough to support multiple SMB erp implementations like Sage, Quickbooks, MS SBA, Netsuite, and others that either lack an ecommerce module altogether or have one that is turnkey and too generic for a client’s needs.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community