Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Version 0.9.17740 with APC - Javascript issues

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Hi all,

I recently installed the latest BETA version of magento and was surprised to see a lot of javascript errors pop up on my page(particularly backend I am nto able to do anything). I checked the settings and then found that turning off APC - Alternative PHP Cache seemed to do the trick.

Does this mean the latest BETA is not compatible with APC? I didnt face this issue with the previous version.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

The latest version is compatible with APC. in fact demo.magentocommerce.com is running with APC.

did you install a clean install or upgraded an old one.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

I tried an upgrade an it failed ...so deleted and did a fresh install. Ensured that the APC is cleared of its cache, ensured that the Magento cache is cleared. Still face this issue :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

I had issues as well, and I am using APC.  However, I don’t know if APC is causing any problems.  I had problems where replacing Head.php with a version posted by Moshe seemed to do the trick, and then this morning I was getting nothing but this when accessing Admin:

“SYNTAX: proxy.php/x.js?f=dir1/file1.js,dir2/file2.js”

I had made no changes since it last worked, and turning on and off APC did nothing.  Finally I just scrapped everything and started over.  This time I used the installer method instead of downloading the full package, and I have not had any issues whatsoever.  I didn’t even need the patched Head.php.  I’m wondering if there was a difference between the download version and the installer version.  Either way, I am now running 0.9.17740 with APC turned on without any issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Actually the issue is not related to APC.
Please check another thread for solution with javascripts.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community