Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Changing the number of product column in different category

rzrz

Total Posts:  24

Magento CE v1.7

There are a few answers posted out there but non of them works for me.

So what I want to achieve is on Category A I am showing 4 columns per row with left sidebar, and on Category B I want to create 5 columns with no sidebar at all.

What I have tried:

1) Edit Category B Custom Design Tab Page Layout to 1 Column, In Custom Layout Update add the following code:

<reference name="product_list"> <action method="setColumnCount"><columns>5</columns></action> </reference>

Cleared cache and nothing changes, Category B is still 4 columns.

2) Create CMS Pages with 1 column layout and tried these codes

{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="22" columnCount="5"     template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

{{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="22" column_count="5"     template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

Products show up but its still 4 columns.

3) Checked the CSS width is set to a number high enough to be able to display the number of items per row, so that it doesn’t push down overflowing items.

Non of the above works. Also in the code its showing two rows of <ul><li>1,2,3,4</li></ul>

<ul><li>1,2,3,4<li></ul>
instead of showing

<ul><li>1,2,3,4,5</li></ul>
so its not CSS issue.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community