Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customise contents (under each menu) in Admin view based on Roles

a_raghavan

Total Posts:  2

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to get our webstore up and running shortly.

I am trying to check the feasibility of having a feature where I would like to reuse the same Admin interface for allowing our suppliers to login and view only their products, orders and invoices.

I wanted to know whether is it a good idea to tweak the code for Admin interface to display contents under each menu (apart from hiding the menus which can be controlled when assigning role permissions). Or is it better to create a custom extension and add that to the admin panel for realizing the same feature (although this may create duplication of functionalities)?

If we implement such feature, is there a possibility of destabilizing the entire Magento Admin?

I am a newbie to Magento so kindly bear with me in case my explanation makes it hard to visualize or speaking about these functionalities without having the architectural understanding of Magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Only Magento Enterprise supports the functionality you are talking about.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community