Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What provider and what plan suits Magento most? 

yossefelbaz

Total Posts:  7

Hi.

I’ve seen a lot of discussions about the best hosting for magento without mentioning what plan to choose. I looked at SiteGround online and they have multiple choices, shared, cloud and dedicated.

I know that dedicated is the top and i can choose it, but do i really need it?

I am paying now about $70 for GoDaddy for their VPS (with 3GB RAM) and i cannot get my site to work fast.
You can visit and see at dressmeupny.com.
When we checked, the RAM used is 100% and the DB size is 520MB.

Can someone guide us please? I am starting to feel bad that i migrate to Magento, but the online articles says Magento is #1…

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GlaceGiga

Total Posts:  1

It seems to me that you have outgrown your VPS hosting plan. In the past I was hesitant to upgrade to dedicated server becuase of the cost involved but it did solve a lot of technical limitations.

I visited your website and it was good. However, when I viewed some products I’m getting this error message:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 4194304) (tried to allocate 12288 bytes) in ....

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

There are a lot of advantages with Magento as if you have it right then you gain a lot of associative benefits which Google likes along with many enterprise style features. The problem is that to have Magento working correctly you need under 3s page loads or you lose 40% of your visitors.

The simple way is take your estimated yearly gross revenue (not profit), 5% of this is your IT budget and 20% of that is your hosting budget ($250,000 * 5% * 20% = $200/mth hosting). The complex way is to keep slowly upgrading until you hit the correct balance, which will acutally be the same price anyway and you lose 6mths. Basically on your hosting you can expect to generate around $80,000 per year (revenue not profit), assuming the other 80% of areas (marketing, product quality, pricing, social media) are all in place. Google tracks all these things, if you try and undercut the hosting you will not receive traffic, if you overdo it you will go under as your costs are too high.

On top of that you are also using Shopper, one of the slowest but also one of the best themes, we have a lot of experience with it. You need to seriously upgrade your hosting or completely revise your store such as downgrading your theme, there are no shortcuts that will work, Google knows everything. You have chosen the best platform for its class and also one of the best themes which provide some of the best SEO, you will need the best hosting for your budget to go with it otherwise the whole site will not work from Googles and your visitors eyes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

A better idea, come back to us in 6mths after the holiday season and we can show you the difference it would have made. By then you will have a reference point of Q4 (where 70% of sales are made) which will provide you a benchmark for 2014.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magesolutions

Total Posts:  91

First of all, I believe magento is #1. The key is the magento system requirments and the good magento system configuration. When you go with Goddady then you do a wrong way here since Goddady have no Magento Hosting package.

Magento Hosting not like other hosting, it require a heavy system and if you want to make it work fast you have to configure everything perfect. For detail about magento system requirement you can look at here: http://magentohostsolution.com/magento-system-requirements/

I can say RAM 3Gb is more than enough for hardware requirements, but not only about RAM what can decide everything here.

For siteground with SiteGround Magento Hosting package, if you are going to host only one site then you need to choose plan StartUp, if you want to host many sites then the GrowBig is better. My experience is GrowBig will be easy to handle 10k visits/day, if more than that you need to choose larger plan.

So key to make them as my favorite hosting provider is they know exactly what magento need, they know how to make magento work fast and they even provide caching solution in shared hosting too.

Hope it help you choose the right hosting. If you think my sharing experience is good then you can use my link to buy, I am very appreciate it: http://magentohostsolution.com/solutions/siteground/magento/ . Thanks

yossefelbaz - 25 July 2013 05:45 AM

Hi.

I’ve seen a lot of discussions about the best hosting for magento without mentioning what plan to choose. I looked at SiteGround online and they have multiple choices, shared, cloud and dedicated.

I know that dedicated is the top and i can choose it, but do i really need it?

I am paying now about $70 for GoDaddy for their VPS (with 3GB RAM) and i cannot get my site to work fast.
You can visit and see at dressmeupny.com.
When we checked, the RAM used is 100% and the DB size is 520MB.

Can someone guide us please? I am starting to feel bad that i migrate to Magento, but the online articles says Magento is #1…

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community