Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

This has been super frustrating….. 

blondejon

Total Posts:  7

Question #1 how do I display product categories?  I’m able to add products, and I have created categories, but nothing shows up.  I can use my search box to find the products I put in , but how do I created navigation.  I would like for my categories to show up in the nav bar on the side.

Question #2 When I go into admin/ CMS/manage pages/ then when I select a page and edit the layout for example 2 column right sidebar to 2 column left sidebar, the content will shift over to the right, but there isn’t any sidebars on the left.  What’s the deal?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiaraweb
Guru

Total Posts:  721
Aviano ~ Italy

Hello

try to go in the admin panel, manage categories, select from the drop-down menu your store view, at the prompt confirm the change of storefront… add a new category…
go to frontend… you can see your first category under the site logo

maybe your actual categories are not under default root categoy

hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

blondejon

Total Posts:  7

Thanks, but the directions that you gave didn’t work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Howard

Total Posts:  14

When I had this same problem, it was the fact that my categories were inline with the default root category, not a part of the default group category.  At that point, all of the categories that had products in them started showing up on the front page. 

Click on catalog ---> Manage Category’s

It will show a tree of your site.  Make sure everything is inside the default root category at this point.  For me, it was inline with the default category.

Best of luck.

Howard

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community