Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
products not appearing after import

j.morell

Total Posts:  23

Same issue here - having to go through and edit each product manually to get them to show on the front end. Does anyone have a copy of the SQL statement needed to update the table? Looking at our catalog_product_website table everything seems to be there, but products still don’t show up…

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jstein

Total Posts:  44

It looks like I’m running into the same problem. has anyone figured out how to make products show in the frontend?

Magento Community
Magento Community

whoscart

Total Posts:  120

This is a big issue especially for people who have more products than can reasonably be expected to modify manually. I just uploaded about a third of my products today (about 3000) and still have more to go. Everything shows up fine in admin and I had them all saved into the right category ids. But nothing shows up at all on the frontend.

I tried importing a few sample products before and everything worked great both in admin and in the frontend.

What should I do? It seems as if Magento was not ready enough to be used when the production release came out. Who could be expected to manually “activate” their products so that they show up correctly? I’ve seen posts as early as a few weeks on this topic. Have there been any solutions yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonahcoyote

Total Posts:  12
Madison, WI

This doesn’t make it much easier, but the SQL you could use would be:

INSERT INTO `db_name`.`catalog_product_website` (`product_id` ,`website_id`)
VALUES (’9’, ‘1’), (’10’, ‘1’), (’11’, ‘1’), etc.....

Of course this still leaves the process very cumbersome for many products. Anybody got a better sql script? One that automatically incrementally inserts as many rows as there are products?

- Jonah

Magento Community
Magento Community

jonahcoyote

Total Posts:  12
Madison, WI

Hey everybody, I may have figured it out. Give this a try. After reading this post: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6220/ - I saw right away that that this person used the value “default” in the store field instead of “admin” like I was doing before.

I switched this value to “default” for some existing products and also for a new product and it inserted the products properly and they display without me having to edit them or run the above sql.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Jonah

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Farley

Total Posts:  43

Here’s the query I used—it adds every product to the catalog_product_website table (except those that already exist).

insert into catalog_product_website (select entity_id, 1 FROM catalog_product_entity where entity_id not in (select product_id from catalog_product_website));

Magento Community
Magento Community

hansoloz

Total Posts:  22
Minneapolis, MN

Changing “admin” to “default” in the store column of my exported .xml file also worked for me…

zippidy doo dah!

Magento Community
Magento Community

whoscart

Total Posts:  120

I heard if you change it to default then the products show up on the frontend and not in admin. Is that right?

Magento Community
Magento Community

j.morell

Total Posts:  23

@WaelHReda products should appear on both front end and backend if you change the store to default.

This fix doesn’t solve the much bigger dataflow issue that you cannot reliably import all of your store data and frequently see certain products missing on the front end and backend from the import.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Williams

Total Posts:  67
Dallas, TX

Chris Farley - 21 April 2008 04:41 AM

Here’s the query I used—it adds every product to the catalog_product_website table (except those that already exist).

insert into catalog_product_website (select entity_id, 1 FROM catalog_product_entity where entity_id not in (select product_id from catalog_product_website));

Do you think using a query command for imports would be better than DataFlow?

Seems like DF is still really unstable and not supported very well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

@Chris - I agree that DF module leaves a lot to be desired .... but am sure this is being worked upon ....I see that there a few bugs being worked upon ...that said, true I have felt this module is an important piece and should be given more priority to be set right and running fast as I see that people have started importing large catalogs ...

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Williams

Dallas, TX

srinigenie - 13 May 2008 07:16 PM

@Chris - I agree that DF module leaves a lot to be desired .... but am sure this is being worked upon ....I see that there a few bugs being worked upon ...that said, true I have felt this module is an important piece and should be given more priority to be set right and running fast as I see that people have started importing large catalogs ...

For me, it’s a matter of conversion.  If I can’t transition my current store with ease, there is no incentive to convert.

I suppose if I had a better handle on the table scheme, I could bypass php altogether.

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

check this link in case you need info on the database schema .... it is a very insightful and detailed one
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/25564/

Magento Community
Magento Community

akanowicz

Total Posts:  1

Can someone post the headers for the csv? I see response #12 has them listed, but I don’t know what they correspond to.
thank you,
Ron

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Williams

Dallas, TX

srinigenie - 14 May 2008 07:20 AM

check this link in case you need info on the database schema .... it is a very insightful and detailed one
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/25564/

Wow, that’s way beyond what I can wrap my head around (maybe I should put the wine down first). grin

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4