Magento Forum

Totally bummed out about no downloadable product features

gr8bluesgtr

Total Posts:  7

Let me just say that I’ve been on the hunt for a good, shopping cart / ecommerce solution for several weeks now.  I sell video guitar lessons in HD and I’m currently using Payloadz, which is totally awful in terms of features, and support.  I’m ready to take my store to the next lesson and have been looking for a solution that allows me to quickly and reliably sell video downloads.  While there are plenty of solutions out there that do this, virtually all of them are hard to use, have way more features than I need, and most of them are not cheap.

When I discovered Magento, I really thought I had found what I was looking for.  I logged into the admin interface and was totally impressed by how simple everything was, and for once, and I could see myself really enjoying using it.

Once I discovered that there was no support for selling digital media, I was so disappointed, I was really looking forward to using it.  I have no choice, that’s the only thing I sell.

With no definite plans documented for adding this feature, I have no choice but to continue looking.  If these features haven’t even been started yet, I will probably not be able to wait for them.  The search continues I guess......

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Magento team has indicated that this might be built after the first production version is out ... I see a lot of demand for this feature in other forum threads as well

Magento Community
Magento Community

sdb

Total Posts:  223
coastal California, USA

that does seem like a huge obvious feature that people would want from an ecommerce product

Magento Community
Magento Community

Darjan

Total Posts:  4

Yep, i’m one of those people looking for this feature too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

parulsaini

Total Posts:  3

Hello everybody,

I would like you to visit our website \"tagNpin\" which is a social loyalty program and makes loyalty social and easy for anyone to get started. It is a platform that incorporates with ecommerce websites / retail stores and social media like facebook where customers can earn loyalty points by social activities like sharing,liking,commenting and inviting friends. Customers can earn discount coupons against the earned loyalty points.Tagnpin is a simple medium for earning customer loyalty sales through social sharing and increasing brand visibility.
For more information, please visit our website
https://www.tagnpin.com/web/tagnpin/ecommerce

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community