Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

‘Invalid entity_type specified: catalog_product’

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

I have looked through this forum and don’t see any answer to this.

I just installed a clean version of 0.9.17740 (downloaded the 11MB zip file). I previously had 0.8 installed and working fine. I completely uninstalled that version and installed 0.9 clean.

I get this error on the home page: ‘Invalid entity_type specified: catalog_product’
See it here: http://www.telescopeoutdoor.com/

When logging into the admin I get this error on a white page after login:

exception ‘Mage_Eav_Exception’ with message ‘Invalid entity_type specified: catalog_product’ in /home/strata1/public_html/app/Mage.php:369
Stack trace:
#0 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Config.php(107): Mage::exception(’Mage_Eav’, ‘Invalid entity_...’)
#1 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php(213): Mage_Eav_Model_Config->getEntityType(’catalog_product’)
#2 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product.php(38): Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->setType(’catalog_product’)
#3 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(608): Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product->__construct(Array)
#4 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(642): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance(’catalog_resourc...’, Array)
#5 /home/strata1/public_html/app/Mage.php(317): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance(’catalog/product’, Array)
#6 /home/strata1/public_html/app/Mage.php(331): Mage::getResourceModel(’catalog/product’, Array)
#7 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Reports/Model/Mysql4/Product/Collection.php(36): Mage::getResourceSingleton(’catalog/product’)
#8 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(608): Mage_Reports_Model_Mysql4_Product_Collection->__construct(Array)
#9 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(642): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getModelInstance(’reports_mysql4/...’, Array)
#10 /home/strata1/public_html/app/Mage.php(317): Mage_Core_Model_Config->getResourceModelInstance(’reports/product...’, Array)
#11 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Tab/Products/Ordered.php(49): Mage::getResourceModel(’reports/product...’)
#12 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(437): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard_Tab_Products_Ordered->_prepareCollection()
#13 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Widget/Grid.php(443): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_prepareGrid()
#14 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(552): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid->_beforeToHtml()
#15 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard/Grids.php(42): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(192): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard_Grids->_prepareLayout()
#17 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(402): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#18 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Dashboard.php(66): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(’adminhtml/dashb...’)
#19 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(192): Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Dashboard->_prepareLayout()
#20 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(402): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->setLayout(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Layout))
#21 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/DashboardController.php(34): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->createBlock(’adminhtml/dashb...’, ‘dashboard’)
#22 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(341): Mage_Adminhtml_DashboardController->indexAction()
#23 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php(141): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’index’)
#24 /home/strata1/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#25 /home/strata1/public_html/app/Mage.php(421): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#26 /home/strata1/public_html/index.php(29): Mage::run(’default’)
#27 {main}

I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled twice, same problem both times.

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Could you please turn all or only the EAV cache off in Admin > System > Cache Management and try again?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Elkhart, Indiana

When logging into the admin I just get a blank page with that error message. Is there any way to turn off caching through the database?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

remove var/cache folder

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Elkhart, Indiana

That worked! Thanks a lot for your help, I was getting dangerously close to the hair-pulling-out stage

Was this a problem with my server or a bug with the install package?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

Does it work after you enable the cache back?

If you do not turn off Magento cache during the upgrades, you might get these problems as the data structure changes, and the new logic breaks with old data.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jwebber

Elkhart, Indiana

Ya it all works great now.

I didn’t upgrade, this was a fresh install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ajkochanowicz

Total Posts:  4

I’m having this same issue but I didn’t have caching on. I deleted the /var/cache/ folder anyway, but I’m still getting this.

This happened after I merged in some tables from another magento install. Both are the same version, (1.5.10) and the error has only so far appeared in the backend when I click to manage products.

Also, when I tried to reindex all tables in Index Management. I get the same error, but this time in a friendly red error bar and the “Stock Status” index is in the “processing” stage.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Image Attachments
example.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community