Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What software is powering this forum? 

Sam Granger

Total Posts:  65

Hey Varien! First of all, awesome job with the shopping cart! I was looking at your forum software which also looks very nice! Is this custom coded? Using the zend framework? Or is it something freely available? Please let me know, I love how it all looks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

_

Total Posts:  152

Sam, the whole site and forums are running under customised Expression Engine. It isn’t free for commercial purposes but you can get a Core Edition that is available free for download. More information at http://expressionengine.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

As Adam said, it is a custom implementation based on Expression Engine. It looks nothing like this out of the box.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sam Granger

Total Posts:  65

Thanks for the replies guys! How different is the out-of-the-box solution and what have you changed/how much time went into it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Although the basic functionality is available, we spent hundreds (if not thousands) of man hours to get it to this point. We are also continuously expanding the product to meet our requirements (we have an entire team allocated to the community site).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community