Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layered Navigation missing after upgrade to 0.9.17740

jmayer

Total Posts:  21

My layered navigation block for the left side of the category page went missing after this recent upgrade.

Everything else is working fine at this point. Has anyone else seen an issue with this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jmayer

Total Posts:  21

I have done more research on this issue. The problem is not with with the core magento files it is with the database. I used the build files for .9.17740 with my existing upgraded database and I have the same problem. Something in the upgrade sql scripts is not allowing my categories to display layered navigation with the upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark_Kimsal

Total Posts:  186
Michigan, USA

re-saving the products seems to kick them back into the layered navigation.  You can simply checkbox all products and select action “change status” and just change them to enabled.  Might need to chunk the products into groups.

I can see that the “canShowOptions()” method is failing, the filter’s getItemsCount() is returning 0 all the time.  No clue what “ItemsCount” is or should be.

Catalog/Block/Layer/View.php
and
Catalog/Block/Layer/Filter/Abstract.php

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community