Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Actions XML is not valid. 

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

UPDATE: This DOES work, but I could only get it to work by uploading an XML file.

EDIT: Sort-of works.  I get a lot of errors about the code in the XML file.  For example, it doesn’t know what to do with

and throws a bunch of code errors at me.

HOW I GOT IT TO WORK:
Saved my spreadsheet as a CSV, then opened the CSV in Excel and saved as Excel 2004 XML.  Opened the XML and replaced all “ ” with “ “.  Ran the import and it worked fine.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

Brady - 21 March 2008 09:13 AM

UPDATE: This DOES work, but I could only get it to work by uploading an XML file.

EDIT: Sort-of works.  I get a lot of errors about the code in the XML file.  For example, it doesn’t know what to do with   and throws a bunch of code errors at me.

HOW I GOT IT TO WORK:
Saved my spreadsheet as a CSV, then opened the CSV in Excel and saved as Excel 2004 XML.  Opened the XML and replaced all “ ” with “ “.  Ran the import and it worked fine.

interestng, might try this myself, but with csv I found it had to be assigned the store after import then all was fine. Excdpt that pics also did not show in the front end despite the fact that the correct path and jpg name is in the 3 cols on the csv.  did youy have any problmes with pics in the front end?

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

dont forget after export, you have to changel all the “Simple” to “Simple Product” but youmust be doing that as it will not import if you don’t. Says invalid product id or some such.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

I noticed in the download section they have a fix for these problems with a link for the php file needed. Check it out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

I didn’t try to import an image links, but I would think that would work as well.  I’ll try the Profile.php file Magento released and see if that helps at all.  A little late for my cause - I re-imported all my images all day Friday.  hmmm

andyellis_2000 - 22 March 2008 05:07 AM

Brady - 21 March 2008 09:13 AM

EDIT: Sort-of works.  I get a lot of errors about the code in the XML file.  For example, it doesn’t know what to do with   and throws a bunch of code errors at me.

HOW I GOT IT TO WORK:

interestng, might try this myself, but with csv I found it had to be assigned the store after import then all was fine. Excdpt that pics also did not show in the front end despite the fact that the correct path and jpg name is in the 3 cols on the csv.  did youy have any problmes with pics in the front end?

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Danielc1234 - 22 March 2008 06:02 AM

I noticed in the download section they have a fix for these problems with a link for the php file needed. Check it out.

well allow me to be the first to ask where is this “downlaod section” url please.  I sure cannot find anything on their site Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

thanks I saw that but thought it was the forum post some guy made recetnly with his own code.  So I see the statement on line 52 was supposed to be an AND not an OR as they had it before.

Magento Community
Magento Community

porterhouse

Total Posts:  27

Yes, the line 52 fix worked for me—but again only with xml, still never got csv working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

porterhouse - 22 March 2008 10:51 AM

Yes, the line 52 fix worked for me—but again only with xml, still never got csv working.

Its someting else causing your problem then, as I do csv adn it works fine.  Never have tried xml actually.  I didn’t even know you could do xml. Thats the way I’d prefer to setup products, in an xml file, but I didn’t think that was even one of the choices?  Or did you mean XL I would love to see xml , its so easy to edit that way.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2