Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Actions XML is not valid. 

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

Actions XML is not valid.
No matter what I do I get this error on trying to import my database into Magento from a tabbed or xls file.
Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

porterhouse

Total Posts:  27

I’m getting the same.  Just reinstalled today, so should have clean install and now the import won’t work.  Arghh..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Must be a bug. The problem with these forums is everyone is posting, but no one is answering because it is still in developement so no one really knows whats up. Great product and hope they get it all worked out, especially if they expect to release version 1.0 by the end of March.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

porterhouse - 20 March 2008 06:06 PM

I’m getting the same.  Just reinstalled today, so should have clean install and now the import won’t work.  Arghh..

yes I know the answer, there is a bug in Profile.php, a line of code needs to be changed and you will have no problems at all.  Import and export are working great for me.
Line 52 has an impossilbe if condition that will always make that warning message come. and prevent you frm saving profiles.

if (0 < strlen($actionsXML) || false === simplexml_load_string(’<data>’.$actionsXML.’</data>’, null, LIBXML_NOERROR)) {
Mage::throwException(Mage::helper("dataflow")->__(“Actions XML is not valid."));

0 will ALWAYS be less than strlen($actionsXML) so it needs to be removed.

Change that line to just the one condition and all will be fine

if (false === simplexml_load_string(’<data>’.$actionsXML.’</data>’, null, LIBXML_NOERROR)) {
Mage::throwException(Mage::helper("dataflow")->__("Actions XML is not valid."));

This is thanks to Mark Kimsal, I did not figure it out, but am very grateful to fhim that he did.  Export works perfectly for me.  The only thing to change when you import, is where it sasys Simple, change that to Simple Product. then you can import with no problems also.  I have done a few products both ways. Exporeted them, deleted them from the store and imported them.  Oh yes when you import you also have to edit the product again and upload the pics for some reason. I have no idea why, as the path to the pics is in the csv.

Also do not use interactive, that is broken and never works from what I understand.  create a folder in /var caled /export and enter that as where you export to and import from.  Good luck.  Its working for me.  BTW i ndever use the excel thing so no idea how it applies to that, this is for csv, local/remote server.  /var/export/nameyourfile.csv

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

there is major bugs with the dataflow…

I tried to import product in the previous version and I wasnt able too…

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

yes I can save the profile now, thank !!

but I now have this error:

Notice: Undefined offset:  47 in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Parser/Csv.php on line 106[0] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv->parseRow(0, Array[57]) in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Parser/Csv.php on line 79[1] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv->parse(Array[0]) in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Action/Abstract.php on line 226[2] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Action_Abstract->run() in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Convert/Profile/Abstract.php on line 126[3] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Profile_Abstract->run() in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Profile.php on line 117[4] in Mage_Dataflow_Model_Profile->run() in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/System/Convert/Profile/Run.php on line 68[5] in Mage_Adminhtml_Block_System_Convert_Profile_Run->_toHtml() in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 553[6] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/System/Convert/ProfileController.php on line 182[7] in Mage_Adminhtml_System_Convert_ProfileController->runAction() in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 341[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("run") in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php on line 141[9] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http) in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 147[10] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/app/Mage.php on line 421[11] in Mage::run("default") in /homepages/39/d235070069/htdocs/eshop/index.php on line 29

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jason

Total Posts:  19

Mark Kimsal is the man. I really like reading his posts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brandondrew

Total Posts:  64

andyellis_2000 - 20 March 2008 06:37 PM

yes I know the answer, there is a bug in Profile.php, a line of code needs to be changed and you will have no problems at all.  Import and export are working great for me.
Line 52 has an impossilbe if condition that will always make that warning message come. and prevent you frm saving profiles.

I’m looking at Profile.php right now, and it can’t be 52 lines long, and it doesn’t have that code.  Did you mean to say something else?

This is the only Profile.php that turned up in my searches, in lib/Varien/Convert.  The only code is:

class Varien_Convert_Profile extends Varien_Convert_Profile_Abstract
{

}

Magento Community
Magento Community

brandondrew

Total Posts:  64

aha… I found it: there’s another Profile.php buried deep deep deep at app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model/Profile.php.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

jeanlucb - 20 March 2008 06:58 PM

I get the same error.

I’m gonna call an Exorcist trying to fix this Dataflow thing oh ohsmile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

That fix didnt work for me, getting errors all over the place. Whats the deal???

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

brandondrew - 20 March 2008 08:25 PM

andyellis_2000 - 20 March 2008 06:37 PM

I’m looking at Profile.php right now, and it can’t be 52 lines long, and it doesn’t have that code.  Did you mean to say something else?

This is the only Profile.php that turned up in my searches, in lib/Varien/Convert.  The only code is:

class Varien_Convert_Profile extends Varien_Convert_Profile_Abstract
{

}

not sure what kind of search you are using but there are dozens of Profile.php in an installation This is the one
/app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

cibernoid - 21 March 2008 01:03 AM

jeanlucb - 20 March 2008 06:58 PM

I get the same error.

I’m gonna call an Exorcist trying to fix this Dataflow thing oh ohsmile

yes its odd, working perfectly for me. Of course I only useda small testbed.  I have no grouped products etc, just simple products, and on import it still needs the pics reuploaded, so it obviously needs work.  But what was discovered by Mark was intended for thosoe who are having errors saving the profiles as I was, and after that, as long as you use csv (not xml) local/remote server it was all fine for me.  Perhpas anybody who still gets the error on saving is editing the wrong file. There are many Proile.php this is the path to the right one
app/code/core/Mage/Dataflow/Model

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

Definitely odd smile
I’m using csv, not xml, through remote connection and I’ve edited the right Profile.php (I’m awared there are many of them all aroud).
But I must say the fix just make things going slightly better at least. The automatic generated .xml file now is more complex.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Danielc1234 - 21 March 2008 04:23 AM

That fix didnt work for me, getting errors all over the place. Whats the deal???

all I can say is what I was told by the ‘guru’. To never use interactive, use only local/remote not ftp, Local Server.Make a folder in /var called /export or whatever you want to call it, and target that for the export. 

then just download your file from the server, make any changes in spreadsheet REMEMBER that “Simple" must be changed to “Simple Product” on all lines, or it will fail on import.  Upload, again use import folder with same params, except Import not export of course.  All of this worked fine for me, witht the exception of the pics not showing in front end, which somebody else said is not a problme for them LOL Whatever!! I’d say it needs some work yet.  I personaly would not add many products at all until 1.0 is out.  Thats the general consenseus, even advice from Moshe, to keep stuff in spreadsheets for now, as the db may change in 1.0

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

Using version 0.9.17740

The change of code on line 52 did get the import to work for me, at least I think so.

Here’s the messages I receive when importing:

Starting profile executionplease wait...
WarningPlease don't close window during importing/exporting data
    * Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Adapter_Io :: load
    * Loaded successfully: /xxxxxxxx/var/export/Accessories-Accessories.csv [18636 byte(s)]
    * Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
    * Finished profile execution.

But nothing shows up in the Catalog window when I try to see if the products actually imported.

Attached is my import settings.

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2