Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Cancel orders mark as Complete. Can’t Cancel. 

wrgill999

Total Posts:  10

whenever i try to cancel an order in admin, it marks it as complete and keeps the dollar amount on record and the inventory is not restocked.
i did a complete upgrade to 1.3.2.1 and this problem remains.
i know it works normally, but for my install it just can’t seem to be fixed.

how can i fix this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Total Posts:  93
Virginia

Same problem here.

There is this extension ( http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/reviews/module/873/p/9/ ) but the system must have a bug so I will wait and see if it gets fixed with next version.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nabeelz6

Total Posts:  5

I’m getting the same problem.. it used to work.  Is this a configuration setting in Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nabeelz6

Total Posts:  5

Ok so turns out if you cancel an invoiced order it goes to “complete” and a non-invoiced order goes to “cancelled”

Magento Community
Magento Community

relentless1

Total Posts:  67

I would love to know what to do with this.

It’s quite silly that when you cancel an order if it’s invoiced already it sets to complete, what is the logic?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vbwebsites

Virginia

I am still having this issue. it seems it was fixed on last upgrade to 1.3.2.4 for about a week, something must be triggering this to happen again.

@nabeelz6, my client also said “When the customer pays, it marks the order as invoiced.  Invoiced orders can be cancelled. That’s why no matter what, the order shows complete instead of cancelled.”

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

Total Posts:  35

Honestly, I am so fucking sick of looking up how to fix magento issues and finding useless threads like this with no answers. Magento is straight up beta software and has very little useful community.

FIx your shit Varien. Seriously. Most of us want to cancel and delete and choose our own statuses --- is that fucking difficult to understand?

Magento Community
Magento Community

engine10

Total Posts:  12

having the same issue with 1.3, if anyone knows if 1.4 fixes this it would be great to know!

Magento Community
Magento Community

taikahn

Total Posts:  35

^there are no fixes, pack up and move on, nothing to see here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Battery Genius

Total Posts:  1

I simply issue a Credit Memo against the order and it removes it from my sales totals.  I still want a record that a transaction took place—even if it was cancelled.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vicky P

Devon, UK

I think that this is correct procedure actually.  If an invoice has already been created then you must issue a credit memo against it.  This is the same in my accounting software, not just in Magento.  You can’t just delete/cancel invoices.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KenVNguyen

Total Posts:  17
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I think Vicky is right. The logic here is:

1. If your order has been paid => Invoice issued
+ If you create Credit Memos which means refund => Money not going to your account => Status will be Closed
+ If you just simply cancel the order => Money goes to your account => Status will be complete

2. If your order has not been paid => No invoice
+ Simply cancel an order will change its status to “Canceled”

Hope that helps people. grin

Ky Nguyen
--------------------------------------------
Using Magento 1.3.2.x and 1.4.0.1

Magento Community
Magento Community

mhunkler
Guru

Total Posts:  304

maybe that is the “correct way” but what can we do about orders we canceled already that i can’t change anything about…

Magento Community
Magento Community

mhunkler
Guru

Total Posts:  304

and btw i totally agree with taikahn…

magento just doesn’t give a shit about giving any kind of support… they released software that was not ready and has a ridiculous amount of bugs and unanswered questions here in the forum. And there paid support is just ridiculous and unrealistic. 

Unfortunately, i love magento when it works, it just doesn’t work smoothly.  I’m always running into issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sanjaypapinazath

Total Posts:  23

I have a weird problem.

I was able to cancel orders . then one fine day the cancel button isnt there and i cant cancel the order. im on 1.4.1.1 and magento has been eating my head for 2 months now and i still havent released the site.

Any help will be appreciated. thanx

Magento Community
Magento Community

jfmoreno25

Total Posts:  3

A question

When the order has been shipped or invoiced, and this increases the stock is canceled automatically, but if the order has been invoiced or shipped so if you cancel, NO increases the stock.

I would like the stock increased to cancel the order, even if it is sent or billed. Does anyone know where I have to change?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2