Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento Hide Products Based on Customer Group? 

DC Miller

Total Posts:  1

I need to be able to display all products to non-authenticated (guest) customers.

However once a customer authenticates and I know to which customer group she belongs, I need to display only a subset of the entire product catalog.

I would ideally have 4-5 customer groups each able to view / purchase a subset of the entire product catalog. There would be overlap between the products available to the various customer groups and the available products for each would need to change over time - although not often.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
DC

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cogder

Total Posts:  13

Hi,

I’m wanting to do the same. Did you find anything relating to this?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

Try http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/635/customer-groups-configurable-catalog, however I’m not sure.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zayiana

Total Posts:  6

I would be really careful about what you’re trying to do. There is a potential bug you will encounter while creating a new customer group which will get your re-indexing process stuck in processing forever. I would like to know if somebody has yet found a solution for that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jase007
Guru

Total Posts:  388

HI,

Here is what you need: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/vinai/extension/635/netzarbeiter_groupscatalog

hope this will help you!!

iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

DC Miller - 26 June 2009 10:15 AM

I would ideally have 4-5 customer groups each able to view / purchase a subset of the entire product catalog.

Hi there, if you need to restrict the display of some products depending on customer groups, you can try this extension http://amasty.com/customer-group-catalog.html. It also allows to specify restriction actions, like redirect to 404 page, some CMS page, etc.

With the module you’ll be able to:

- Set access to catalog pages based on your business needs
- Hide price block and ‘add to cart’ button
- Use a cms-block instead of price
- Redirect to a CMS page or show 404 error for products
- Remove product and category links

Here you can see one of the examples of the restricted products display for particular customer group:

Image Attachments
customer-group-catalog-frontend.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community