Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dataflow import data limitation

ryanb

Total Posts:  91

We are planning on using Magento 1.0 for our website. We are going to have as many as 50,000 products. I noticed the following in the blog:

“We have limitation on imported date in current implementation of dataflow. Using 128MB: for customers the maximum is 406 items, for products the maximum is 12927 items from our tests “

1) Does this mean 12,927 items max for the entire Magento store or 12,927 items per import?

2) Also when we import data will we be able to import the details/variables necessary for Layered / Faceted Navigation?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JoshBelke

Total Posts:  64
NY, NY

Ryan,
Currently I have been working with the Beta versions and am getting the latest install now.

Working with 1011 simple items, 254 grouped items, 400 main/secondary/tertiary categories, the past install was slow.
It was also painful adding all the categories by hand.

I had to up the timing/memory for the upload process.

If you up the max_execution and also increase the memory allotted from 128 to ... 512+. You could probably push all 50,000 at once.

For me the upload process of 1011 items was about 3 minutes, and then had to run a script to update the storeview/website values with the item ids.

As of the previous version you would have to manually Pre-make all of the categories in Magento’s admin, then you can discover their category ID’s and then add those to the category_id next to every item on your import for products. If you do that, then it would show all of the items in the matching categories.

Through the Theming process and some remote calls to Navigation.php in the admin, you are able to create a vertical/layered/faceted navigation.

Hope this helps.
~Josh

Magento Community
Magento Community

cari_mag

Total Posts:  5

Hi Josh,

I need to import 10,000 products and make groups products for them.  Could you please explain me how did you managed to agroup the items?

I will really apreciate any help!
thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

bolasevich

Total Posts:  235
Newington, CT USA

my module does 25k+ in one swing no problem

http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1894

Magento Community