Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

0.9.17740 - ONE STEP AT THE TIME !!! - FIRST STEP COMPLETED

petertufan

Total Posts:  93
Ashburn, VA

Okay .. I was finally able to install the new version from SVN - over a brand newly created dbase .... lucky me I already have the backups of the original one ... Anyway .. now I can’t even do anything in the admin panel once logged in on it ....
Magento team please help ....

Peter
http://www.asktp.com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

Hi Peter,

What is actually the problem you have in admin ? Blank page ? Menu not working ? ‘Access denied’ message ? Or anything else ?

Can you please provide more details, otherwise there’s no way to help you.

Thank you,
Michael.

Magento Community
Magento Community

petertufan

Total Posts:  93
Ashburn, VA

Hello Michael,

So far so good.. I had Moshe help out today .. it’s back up and running at this point ... the only issue I still have is a blank page when I try to edit the categories ... otherwise it’s up-and-running…

The problem was in a sales_order which once I cleaned .. worked like a champ.

Thanks,

Peter
http://www.asktp.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michael_1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

petertufan - 21 March 2008 12:15 PM

the only issue I still have is a blank page when I try to edit the categories ... otherwise it’s up-and-running…

Can you increase memory_limit setting to some larger value ? What is your current memory_limit ? In default .htaccess in root Magento folder it is 32 Mb. Will setting it to, let’s say, 64Mb, help ?

And how much categories do you have in your database?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community