Magento Forum

csv files

pldtm

Total Posts:  82
Bordeaux, France

hi,

I’ve just updated to .9 version and i don’t see all the csv files in en_us in locale rep. Ist it my install or there no more files (just 2).
If there are no more file how do we have to translate all the csv files.

If someone could help.

thanks a lot

phil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrea, Argentina

Total Posts:  164
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I have downloaded the .9 version and I see a lot of csv files in en_us dirs. I don’t know (i am still waiting for a response) if there was any change inside the files because it would be bad if I am working on translation to spanish.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pldtm

Bordeaux, France

no there are only 2 files : mage_core and mage_install.

WIth online translation i can change some words but i’m wondering if all the translated files have to be included in mysql or can we keep all the files

pldtm

Magento Community
Magento Community

Juxecl

Total Posts:  37

Which version did you install?

I installed a new full version and have 43 csv files in /locale/en_US, plus the templates.

And there must have been changes because there were only 38 files in the previous version....

Magento Community
Magento Community

pldtm

Bordeaux, France

hi,
i installed the .9 version with the installer and then pear during install. When i look at some files many labels are hard coded and don’t need any csv files in any langage to be shown.

to be sure i delete all the magento rep, re downloaded and re-installed it and and one more time only 2 files.

The 2 files that are in the installer file.

For example :
/opt/lampp/htdocs/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Model/System/Config/Source/frequency.php doesn’t need any csv files.

If someone of the team could explain. Are the csv useful for the english version and what about the translated csv files , and then the inline translation. 3 ways to give a name to labels (mysql, csv and hard coded)????

please, it could help choosing one methode for future updates

thanks tongue rolleye

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community