Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Paypal fake orders

kaamiljj

Total Posts:  125
Kapaa

I had someone who managed to purchase an item as a guest, using fake shipping and billing address (with no street number) and PayPal payment. What’s really interesting is that PayPal never showed anything as pending, new order email was never created or sent, but the order went through and it showed up under Sales => Orders.

Did anybody else had a similar issue and if yes how can I avoid future problems of this kind? I’d appreciate a quick response. Thanks in advance. Using Magento 1.3.0.

Kamil

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mk-ok

Total Posts:  20

I have a similar situation with a customer able to order as guest (I have guest ordering disabled) but we did receive a paypal and order email. But they did not provide any email in the account information (this should be impossible!?)

DId you ever get any information on how they did this? I have put another post in the forum.

Best,

Mark

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community