Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where is the store selector

Capitaine Commerce

Total Posts:  68
Lille, France

Hello !
Thanks to this tutorial, I’ve managed to set up multiple stores on a website.
But I can’t figure out how to swap from a store to another when on the front office.
In the default package, a drop down menu is visible at the bottom of the page which enables users to swap from the english to the german or french version, but in the new website I have set up, this drop down menu doesn’t seem to “generate” itself, so it is impossible for users to access differents stores in my website.
Any idea how to solve this issue ?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  76
UK

What do you see where it normally appears? What template changes have you made?

If you have the stores setup correctly in the backend it will simply loop through them and generate the dropdown.

The actual code is in a file called ‘stores.phtml’ in the .../template/core/ dir if it helps any…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Capitaine Commerce

Lille, France

Ok, I’ve got it right !
The solution is that you must give the default store the same Website Code than the Website, otherwise it won’t work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Total Posts:  76
UK

I don’t get what you mean, can you clarify incase anyone else is struggling with this… smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Capitaine Commerce

Lille, France

To configure a Website and its stores in the /system/Configuration menu, you have to click on the Edit Store or Edit Website button, right ?

When you do this, there is a field called ‘Store code’ or ‘Website code’. This code must be the same for the Website and the default store of the Website if you want the language selector to appear in the bottom of the front end.
This supposes at least two stores exist in the Website and that they are in different languages.

I hope this is clear enough.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community