Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 12 of 12
Admin page menu doesn’t work [solved]

shoptoylife

Total Posts:  58

that also worked!  phew, I was bugging out for a bit :D

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

wabzke

Total Posts:  6

I am wondering if anyone got a solution for the admin menu not working in magento 1.3.2.4? Its giving me sleepless nights. Can anyone help me. I have tried using the magento-cleanup.php file to set the proper file permissions but cant still figure out what is wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ydjseller

Total Posts:  8

seems do not work with my site

Magento Community
Magento Community

sixed

Total Posts:  5

Having the same issues in 1.4.1.1, anyone able to fix them yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

cellfservices

Total Posts:  84

Can;t get this working on 1.3.0 for the life of me.  I’ve read through all 12 pages of this post, i’ve tried changing the permissions to 644, 755 as instructed in their respective folders and still can’t get it to work.  The only error I’m having is the object not supported prototype.js file.

Was anyone able to fix this on 1.3.0 with another workaround?

Magento Community
Magento Community

crony

Total Posts:  19

shani - 31 January 2009 03:02 AM

# step1: replace app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Head.php with the attached head.php
# step2: chmod 755 the js/ folder, and folders within.
# step3: chmod 644 the javascript files inside js/lib/
# step4: chmod 644 js/index.php

100% WORKING SOLUTION...GUYS…

Worked for me too with magento 1.4.0.1

I\’ve also tested modifications in php.ini , and apache config, without success, the head.php was THE solution.
That problems happened suddenly, I thought the header.php was surely outdated for a 1.4.0.1, but I was wrong…

Magento Community
Magento Community

hridaya

Total Posts:  63
Nepal

hello,

I can not find the page js/proxy.php

Thank you
Hridaya

Magento Community
Magento Community

wsenft

Total Posts:  16
Hampton, VA

I was having trouble with the admin menu as well as adding products. I was using 1.4.1.1 and replacing HEAD.php fixed all of my issues.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Workwell

Total Posts:  63
London

I was having similar issues, I would login to admin and was only able to see the dashboard everything was blank (apart from the header - minus menus).

Panic set in!!!!

Then I noticed the I was exceeding my php memory limit, I allocated more memory in my php.ini file and hey presto I was up and running again.

I hope this helps.

Shameless link http://www.bbgun-shop.co.uk

Magento Community
Magento Community

misero

Total Posts:  50

JeremyFP - 25 September 2009 06:21 AM

Just installed magento-downloader-1.3.2.1.tar.gz, and the file permissions are still screwing up.

What is causing the file permissions to go wrong, anyway? It can’t be my FTP client – I used the Varien file, extracted it server-side (using cPanel file manager), and still it went ka-blooey.

Anyway, thanks everyone in here for figuring this out. I know that eric just posted shani’s solution, but I wanted to summarize and consolidate things that I had to hunt down across this thread. Here is the solution that seems to be working for people (maybe we could get a sticky?)…

PROBLEM:
- Admin menus don’t roll over (JS is broken),
- Server is throwing 500 errors, and/or
- Pages are 404’ing for no good reason

CAUSE:
Your permissions are wonky. Folders should be 755, files should be 644.

SOLUTION:
1) Fix your file permissions. Tell your server to:

find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; && find ./ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;
- SSH can send the command, if you can/know how
- CRON JOB works too, if you can’t SSH. Novices can usually create a cron through your hosting admin (remember to delete it after it runs; you don’t want it repeating forever).
- FTP programs can work too, just change attributes on a file-by-file basis. I’d fix the whole install, though.
Incorrect permissions responsible for the admin rollover bug:
jsfolder (755)
jssub-folders (755)
js/index.php (644)
js/liball files inside (644)

2) Use the modified Head.php (attached to this post) instead of your existing one

replace the file:

app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Head.php

NOTES:
Beware, it seems that there are some extensions that will go back and booger your files back up. If this happens, just repeat the solution outlined here.

the best solution for me! wow… THNKS. wink

Magento 1.6.1 work GREAT. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

suryavsics

Total Posts:  10

Oh! thank you so much Moshe. Replace app\\code\\core\\Mage\\Page\\Block\\Html/page.php is great idea, it\’s working.

Thank you

Magento Community
Magento Community

bathvision

Total Posts:  2

Can anyone help me with this issue. i try all the trick that i could find no line and nothing is working, the drop down category is not working , i have a java slider on home page and somthing is not setup correctly, if you look at the error it reports that Webpage error details, i try adding no conflict in the head.phtml, and directly to the page. nothing is working. IF some one could let me know what can i do to correct it, thanks

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Timestamp: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:30:44 UTC

Line: 4
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://shower-doors.biz/

Line: 5736
Char: 7
Code: 0
URI: http://shower-doors.biz/js/prototype/prototype.js

Magento Community
Magento Community

cricketmerchant

Total Posts:  2

We have checked this option but it doesn’t seem to work for us. So opened a new thread.. http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/820197/

Any suggestions?

Nipun

Magento Community
Magento Community

michaeljaeger

Total Posts:  1

Hey there,

I just experienced the same issue and found that the cause at my side was due to an issue with dragdrop.js located in the js/scriptaculous folder.

I was trying some defer js parsing solution, which made my admin menu unclickable. Luckily I had a backup of this file, copied it from backup to magento install location and after relog admin all was working again.

Hope this helps you.

regards
michael

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 12 of 12