Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Import Limitations? 

ryanb

Total Posts:  91

We are planning on launching a new website that may have as many as 50,000 products and we are planning on using Magento 1.0 to do it.

I noticed on the blog that the following is posted: “We have limitation on imported date in current implementation of dataflow. Using 128MB: for customers the maximum is 406 items, for products the maximum is 12927 items from our tests “

Two questions:

1) I do not understand if the limitation is 12,927 products per import with dataflow or if 12,927 products is the max that you can have in a Magento store?

2) Can Magento dataflow import the values necessary for layered navigation? They are in our excel files.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

From my experience, magento’s database is more than capable of handling the 50,000+ products. The ~12000 cap is just per import. I haven’t tested the newest release, but we were testing a previous install with around 25,000 products and it worked fine. As for the layered nav import, I do believe that this is possible, but the layered nav attributes need to be setup in admin before they can be populated, ie at this point magento cannot create attributes on the fly during an import.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community