Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping Feeds

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

I did not see anything listed in the features about shopping site feeds.

Is this something that is planned? or something the community would have to develop as an add on?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jason

Total Posts:  19

Dustin,

It would be pretty simple to have one export out of Magento and use a service such as http://www.godatafeed.com/.

I’ve used their service for the past 6 months. Excellent people and customer service.

Jason

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

Jason - 20 March 2008 10:26 AM

Dustin,

It would be pretty simple to have one export out of Magento and use a service such as http://www.godatafeed.com/.

I’ve used their service for the past 6 months. Excellent people and customer service.

Jason

Looks like a great service. Just a little to pricey for myself.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jason

Total Posts:  19

Give them a call, maybe they can work something out with you or perhaps they can form some sort of partnership with magento!

We have a bunch of products, so it makes sense, but maybe they can give you lower pricing with lower product count.

Jason

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanSF

Total Posts:  101
Greater San Francisco Bay Area

Hi Dustin, not sure if you’re still looking for a shopping engine feed solution but we have an extension that integrates with our service. Checkout http://www.singlefeed.com and http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/712/singlefeed-export-module for details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mackdaddy5715

Total Posts:  6

Let me tell you something about GoDataFeed.com.
They seem to be a very small company and have absolutely horrible service. Their integration with Magent is not good at all. First, they try to charge you to set it up which literally consist of uploaded a few php files to your server. then, they try to charge you to setup your feeds which literally take less than 5 minutes to setup each. Then, all of your attributes will not be mapped by default if you have custom attributes. Well suprise suprise, they charge you $99 every time you need a new attribute mapped and imported. This couldn’t atke more than 5 minutes and $99 seems VERY steep.
So to seal the deal for me, when i asked them to waive this fee they immediately went on the offensive and started telling me they wouldn’t respond to threats which all i said was remeber there are other people who do what you do and quite honestly your program really isn’t that difficult to develop. seriously i think my developers and i could throw it together in a few weeks. maybe i will and then take it to their asses. Basically this company sucks and i would try to avoid them at all costs. they don’t think that $79 times basically the lifetime of my company is worth waiving a $99 fee. absolutely idiotic if you ask me.
if you have to do business with them, sorry to hear it. just keep in mind that they will nickel and dime you to death once they have you by the balls. not the type of company i liek to partner with!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mackdaddy5715

Total Posts:  6

GoDataFeed.com Review Update.
They just cancelled my account instead of working with me. i swear i did nothing out of the ordinary. these guys are nuts.
i also wanted to mention that their program doesn’t not work with chrome which is super annoying and the service old and outdated and slow. i just have an absolutely horrible opinion of this company. the worst customer service i’ve ever encountered by far. who just cancels someones account.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CollinsHarper

Total Posts:  18
Vancouver, BC

Hello mackdaddy5715,

We have a product feed module for Magento that you can checkout here.

Our module uses xml code that you have to enter to configure the output.  As such it’s not as easy as I’d like to setup.  However, since its Christmas and you’ve been burned, if you buy our module, we’ll set it up and configure it to your needs for free. And if you’re not satisfied, we’ll either make it work like you want or refund your money.

Sean

Magento Community
Magento Community

ASTitanium

Total Posts:  15

I have actually had a really good experience with GoDataFeed so far, nothing bad whatsoever. Their customer service has been great, they always respond within about 1-5 hours or so which is great for me and they have a lot of guides to help you through everything.  The only thing I’m having a little trouble with is setting up the analytics.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

Yes, you can do this with the Feed Creator Pro. It has a TON of features and supports all types of feed services. We also offer a 30 day refund guarantee.

- Unlimited feeds
- Unlimited distributions
- CSV / XML feed support
- Dynamic attributes
- Custom attributes
- Filters to only show thte products you want
- FTP distributions
- HTTP distributions
- Automatic / manual feed generation / distribution
- And more…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello,

you can also have a look at Product Feed extension. It will help you create a feed in a few clicks. Module features include:

- Automatic and manual generation of feeds
- Flexible formatting to comply with all shopping engines
- Ability to have different prices and other values in each feed
- Possibility to include product type into the feed
- Include product images and most product attributes in the feeds

Currently feed templates are available for the following comparison search engines:

- Shopping.com
- Getprice.com
- Google.com
- Myshopping.com
- Nextag.com
- Shopmania.com

You can find out more at http://amasty.com/product-feed.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community