I got these instructions from PayPal support, hope they help someone out as I couldn’t find how to do it in the forum.
If you wish to setup PayPal Pro on Magento. This can be done as follows:
1. Login to your Magento Admin Panel
2. Go to System -> Configuration
3. Select Payment Methods (on the left menu).
4. Select “PayPal Website Payments Pro (Payflor Edition) - Direct Payments.
Set the following:
1. Enabled: Yes
2. Title: Enter something you wish your customers to see when they selection this payment option.
3. Payment Action: Sale. If you do wish to receive the payment immediately you should select “Authorization”.
4. Credit Card Types:
* American Express
5. The rest of the options can be left as they are.
5. Select “PayPal Accounts” From the left menu.
6. Select “Website Payments Pro (Payflow Edition)
7. Enter your Payflow credentials for User, Vendor and Password
8. Click “Save Config”
And to generate PayFlow credentials for your PayPal Pro account. You can do this as follows:
Click thumbnail to see full-size image