Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal Express Review page - Inactive Submit Order button bug

alienn95

Total Posts:  38
Latvia

PayPal Express Review page - Inactive Button bug in Magento CE 1.7.0.2.

I’m testing the PayPal Express Checkout for Magento. All steps are working fine except PayPal Express Review page. I make some very small test purchases and pay by credit card.

The problem is that when I check/uncheck the checkbox “same as shipping” the “Submit Order” button become inactive (however I guess the money in bank is already reserved if I click the “inactive” Order button, judging by bank account information). If I change any billing address information and click on “Update Order Information” button nothing happens, but it should show something like “please wait...” for some seconds if updated information is sent to PayPal site (I have checked the js code for this page). And Order button stays inactive unless I refresh the page.

If I do not change anything after refresh the Order button is active and after clicking it shows “please wait...”, order is sent, money collected and I am forwarded to “Order completed” Magento page.

I guess there is a bug in javascript file controlling page elements. The file is /skin/frontend/base/default/js/checkout/review.js. One thing I noticed in file that there is some possibly wrong command names in some places, like “_ubpdateOrderButton”, I’m sure it should be “_updateOrderButton”. But even if I correct this command everywhere in file the problem with inactive Order button stays.

Thanks for any help

P.S. There were similar problem if you have “Terms and agreements” with a checkbox but there is a working solution in forums.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

alienn95

Latvia

Ok, looks like I found a solution. The problem with buttons exists if you have Indust “Custom Shipping Rate” module. It overrides “Order” and “Update” buttons URLs from Paypal Express Review page logics.

To make everything work correctly:

Ad the code from this thread to file /code/community/Indust/CustomShippingRate/Block/Express/Review.php:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/289511/P15/

comment the following in that file

$this->setEditUrl($this->getUrl("{$this->_paypalActionPrefix}/express/edit"))
->setPlaceOrderUrl($this->getUrl("{$this->_paypalActionPrefix}/express/placeOrder"));

Magento Community
Magento Community

alienn95

Latvia

Unfortunately something is not working fine yet. When Custom Shipping Rates is switched on, Cart page and Checkout sometimes cannot get shipping rates. After switching Custom Shipping Rates off, everything works fine…

So the main thing is to get Custom Shipping Rates code work together with Paypal Express Review page code. Will continue to investigate…

Magento Community
Magento Community

usLEDsupply

Total Posts:  11

After wasting several hours fixing all the suggestions i could find and searching Magento connect with their horrible search feature for an extension that would do the same thing as Indust_CustomShippingRate but that was compatible with 1.7.0.2 and only finding a $49 option and a $100+ option i gave up and Googled the same search and found a replacement in a few seconds that not only was compatible but highly rated and FREE, so i uninstalled Custom Shipping Rate and installed the new one and PayPal Express works again:-)

So save yourself a lot of trouble and just uninstall the old one and install this one if you are having trouble getting the Place Order button to work on the checkout page after using Express Checkout

Here is the extension i found
Custom Ship Price
http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/custom-ship-price-9740.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community