Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Slow Load Times .. Anyone? 

Devise

Total Posts:  10

Anyone experience extremely slow load / run times for Magento? I’ve installed on a few different servers and it seems that the app in general (front and backend) run slower than it should. Any ideas?

Check it out for yourself .. http://s35347.gridserver.com/magento (media temple server)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

yep! I notice that the first time it takes a lot of time and then on it loads a treat.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

srinigenie - did you try the latest Magento release? We added some performance enhancements to the app and form our tests and results it is much faster now.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Devise

I am running the latest version and it’s slow .. I’m wondering if some people can test the link above and let me know if they are experiencing the same load times .. or .. if it’s possibly my host.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Devise - 20 March 2008 07:11 AM

I am running the latest version and it’s slow .. I’m wondering if some people can test the link above and let me know if they are experiencing the same load times .. or .. if it’s possibly my host.

Not too bad, it takes about 10 seconds to load the homepage. Faster than my local server though, but I haven’t upgrade to the latest version.

I am on (mt) gs too, my other CMS sites seem slower these few days.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

@Devise - do you have all caches enabled?

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Devise

Is it enabled by default? If not .. could you give me some instruction? Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

To enable the cache go to System->Cache management select all the check-boxes in the cache control section then in the pull-down select refresh and then do the same thing and select enable.

thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

Devise

Thanks for the help .. but check it out .. http://www.devise-studio.com/magento .. soooooo slooooow. I am running the latest version as well. I’ve installed it on multiple hosts - all generating the same results. Are their any php / apache settings that might not be set for some reason out of the box?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mzentrale1
Guru

Total Posts:  731
Stuttgart, Germany

Hi,

maybe you run magento under a shared hosting or not well configured server, maybe hardware isnt up to date?

Stefan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Devise

It is a Go Daddy Shared Server. Is it simply a matter of using a dedicated server only? Is there a spec stating how the server should be setup to best run Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

peterw83

Total Posts:  44

I’ve installed the latest release 0.9.17740 with the performance enhancments and can notice an improvement. 

However I noticed before this release and now after that adding to cart, wishlist compare etc. are slow to execute and sometimes appear to get hung up.  Anyone else notice issues with this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

vincenzo

Total Posts:  39
Roma

I am experiencing the same problem on Widnows XP on localhost. I am a little bit worried because I was going to use Magento in a production environment in Septemper…

Any idea?
The magento demo on this site do not have got these problem so how is magento configured on that demo?

vincenzo

Magento Community
Magento Community

Francesco2008

Total Posts:  67

YoavKutner - 20 March 2008 02:38 PM

To enable the cache go to System->Cache management select all the check-boxes in the cache control section then in the pull-down select refresh and then do the same thing and select enable.

thanks

yoav

I found, in my case, that Magento is slower with cache enabled ... How is it possible, please ?

With cache enabled it need about 10 seconds to put an item into cart, without cache enabled it need only 6 seconds ... Any ideas, please?

Thanks
Francesco

Magento Community
Magento Community

nafnaf1000

Total Posts:  209

Yoav came out with a big fix for the speed.....

reed this post and change the file, it rally works.
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5366/P14/

Magento Community
Magento Community

tom.synnott

Total Posts:  37

Hmmmm I have run a few tests… And it’s really chewing up alot of data, this is what I have… Almost 88%:

3 __ Key _________________________________________________________________
4 Buffer used 0 of 512.00M &#xUs;ed:  0.00
5 Current 451.53M &#xUs;age:  88.19

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2