Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation of v0.9 after v0.8

MariusG

Total Posts:  7
Romania

Hello, friends
Yesterday was the first day working with magento e-store, after searching for a friendly app for few weeks.
I installed the v0.8 version, deleted by mystake some files, modified other, eventually I deleted the entire folder from my local server (win xp2, xampp) and tried to reinstall the new version , appeared yesterday, v 0.9.

But after setting up the installation folder on the server, starting the installation, configuring and ending the installation, I see that the new webpage after reinstallation (v0.9) looks exactly the same like the deleted one (v0.8).

Can you help me with this, please ?
What should I do to have a fresh installation of Magento ?

Thank you,

Marius
Romania

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

UltraFlux

Total Posts:  38

remove everything and start fresh?

wipe html dir
rm -rd html

wipe your database
likely in php admin, you can drop the existing tables

start the install over again
- upload .tar.gz
- extract to html
- run install from web
- enter db info into web config

You should be back to default now, unless your looking to add on sample data also.

PS - make sure you want a fresh install because everything will be gone after this!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community