Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dataflow completely bugged (Beta 0.9.17740)

Jake

Total Posts:  14

I create a basic profile.  I then try and “run in pop up”, and this is what happens:

* Starting profile execution, please wait…
* Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data

* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
* Finished profile execution.

The problem is I set this profile to be interactive, so I should be able to upload a file....what happened?????

Next, I try to go check on my profile to make sure everything was setup right, and any time I try to save I get the following error:

Actions XML is not valid.

Problem is I didn’t even touch/update the actions xml.

Is the dataflow in 0.9 really that buggy???

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Jake

Any updates on when this will be resolved.  I’m very anxious to try the new version, but I can not do it without the import functionality.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jason

Total Posts:  19

Jake,

I’ve been running into the same problems as well. I am hoping we can get this resolved rather quickly.

Jason

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoshBelke

Total Posts:  64
NY, NY

Don’t use Excel/XML

Do use Open Office/CSV with comma seperated and double quote field encapsulation.

Magento Export Example:

store,attribute_set,type,entity_id,sku,category_ids,weight,price,gift_message_available,name,url_key,meta_title,meta_description,image,small_image,thumb
nail
,custom_design,description,short_description,meta_keyword,custom_layout_update,qty,min_qty,use_config_min_qty,is_qty_decimal,backorders,use_config_b
ackorders
,min_sale_qty,use_config_min_sale_qty,max_sale_qty,use_config_max_sale_qty,is_in_stock,notify_stock_qty,use_config_notify_stock_qty,status,tax_
class_id
,visibility
"admin","Default","","2","n01910-149","2","1.0000","100.0000","Use config","Gym/Profile Limit Switch Module(1)","n01910-149","n01910-149","Limit Switch 
Module"
,"n/0/n01910-149.jpg","n/0/n01910-149.jpg","n/0/n01910-149.jpg","","Limit Switch Module","Limit Switch Module","Limit Switch Module","","1000.000
0"
,"0.0000","1","0","0","1","1.0000","1","0.0000","1","1","","1","","",""

Open Office Import Example:

"store","attribute_set","type","entity_id","sku","category_ids","status","tax_class_id","visibility","weight","price","name","url_key","gift_message_ava
ilable"
,"meta_title","meta_description","image","small_image","thumbnail","custom_design","description","short_description","meta_keyword","custom_layou
t_update"
,"qty","min_qty","use_config_min_qty","is_qty_decimal","backorders","use_config_backorders","min_sale_qty","use_config_min_sale_qty","max_sale_
qty"
,"use_config_max_sale_qty","is_in_stock","notify_stock_qty","use_config_notify_stock_qty"
"admin"
,"Modules",,,"n01910-149",2,"Enabled","Taxable Goods","Catalog, Search",1,100,"Gym/Profile Limit Switch Module(1)","n01910-149","Use config","n01
910-149"
,"Limit Switch Module","n/0/n01910-149.jpg","n/0/n01910-149.jpg","n/0/n01910-149.jpg",,"Limit Switch Module","Limit Switch Module","Limit Switch
 Module"

Excel leaves out all the encapsulated quotes on single field entries.

GL, Enjoy smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jake

Josh I would love to do all that, but the simple fact is when I click “run in popup” I am not given the option to browse/upload my CSV file.  It just automatically parses the file that doesn’t exist.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cibernoid

Total Posts:  208

Jake - 20 March 2008 12:38 PM

Josh I would love to do all that, but the simple fact is when I click “run in popup” I am not given the option to browse/upload my CSV file.  It just automatically parses the file that doesn’t exist.

ditto.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

Having same problem...can’t do squat with the import function. Does Magento plan on a quick fix for this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

marcel st

Total Posts:  7

I have same problem with ver. 0.9.17740.
Always get the error “Actions XML is not valid” if I like to make an Import- or Export-Profile.
And independent from the Import- or Export-Profile-Setting.

I make:
1. Click Import/Export - Profile
2. Click Add new Profile
3. Fill out name under Profile Information
4. Save and Continue Editing
5. Save and Continue Editing

Now it show “Actions XML is not valid”

The Action XML look now:

<action type="dataflow/convert_parser_xml_excel" method="parse">
<var name="single_sheet"><![CDATA[_]]></var>
<var name="fieldnames"></var>
<var name="store"><![CDATA[0]]></var>
<var name="adapter">catalog/convert_adapter_product</var>
<var name="method">saveRow</var>
</action>

What’s wrong with this XML and how we can fix?

Thanks Marcel

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

same problem… hope to see a fix very quickly !

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

see this post, it should help.  I never use excel type, only csv, but this will fix the profile saving etc.  its workign great for me after this fix

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4697/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

Why not try uploading your CSV file to the web server (I put it under var/import), instead of trying to use the ‘interactive’ method - which seems to have problems.

While I can’t say everything is working (no images), most of the product data is importing just fine for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andyellis_2000

Total Posts:  41

Ross, if you are responding to me, as posted, I use nothing but local/remote server, have never used ftp.  but for whatever reason, even though the pics ARE in the csv, they just do not show, and the view source img tag has them in some placeholder folder, small.jpg or something lke that.  SO i have to edit the product and reupload the pics, even though they are already in the folder they are supposed to be in. Beats me! Obviously dataflow needs some work, but yes I import the file from /var/export

Oh Yes and Mark also says to never use interactive, it is totally broken.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoshBelke

Total Posts:  64
NY, NY

I am still on .8. because right now all the javascript on .9 is busted.
I haven’t spent enough time yet to find out why,

Interactive is broken.. don’t expect to use the uploader, do it manually, my method works.

“Why not try uploading your CSV file to the web server”

I directly upload the CSV file into the magento root folder… you can upload it anywhere inside of the magento folder just include the correct path. Some may mkdir var/import and then you just add the path var/import in the admin area. I leave it blank and just toss it into the magento folder root, and it works.

After upload, to get items to show on the front end… you need

Local Server..

and heres the xml actions:

<action type="dataflow/convert_adapter_io" method="load">
    <var 
name="type">file</var>
    <var 
name="path"></var>
    <var 
name="filename"><![CDATA[import.csv]]></var>
</
action>