Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Configurator

arve

Total Posts:  25

We have developed a Lanyard Product Configurator for XTC, now we`re switching to Magento and Implementing it in Magento seems to be quite difficult. I read about this article here http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/adding_a_product_to_the_cart_via_querystring but I don’t want the products to be visible in the Magento Katalog.

1) Is it possible to add “invisible” products to the cart?
2) How do we apply Tier Pricing to all the products from that category?

Image Attachments
lanyard.jpglanyard.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

I can answer number (1)

You can easily include hidden products in your URL for adding to the cart. If you built an extension and you know which products where always associated with the product, it would be easy to add all the products to the cart in the background.

In a sense I am adding multiple products to the cart through one call here

Midwest Quick Order Form

Your process would be similar, you just would not have to show the visitor the associated products.

(Although they would see them in the cart, I don’t know how you would want to handle that??)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kevin Geraghty

Total Posts:  2

If you need a product configurator where there is lots of scope to change / add / edit product configurations then I may be able to help.

Blueprint is a powerful product configurator.  It can be hosted on site or by us and we have integrated this into Magento for a client.

Languages, hiding features / setting defaults is all easily managed through our interface.  Take a look at the website if you think it might do the trick Product Configurator

The link above has some more detail and screen shots.  There is also a short video demonstration in our downlaods area of the site.

Kind Regards
Kevin

Magento Community
Magento Community

rob_k

Total Posts:  3

Hello

We have developed a module which extends standard magento’s attributes/options functionality and allows to setup flexible configurator based on rules which can be managed by admin. Also it allows your customers customize product colors/textures.

The front view here http://178.32.159.216/store/configurable-products-with-custom-design/basic-bikini-preconfigured-1.html

There are some docs:
http://178.32.159.216/store/users_guide.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community