Magento Forum

New site for modifying Magento

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

I just wanted to let you guys know about a project I’m working on.  It’s a community-driven site dedicated towards modifying Magento, we call it Tweak Mag.  We’re currently working on the site in the background, but hope to launch in the near future.  We’ll have things like a directory of templates, guides, plugins, etc.  We hope to make it a great resource for the modifying community of Magento.

For those interested, feel free to add your e-mail, we’ll only send you something to let you know we’re launching, and we won’t spam you.  You can add your e-mail at TweakMag.com.

If anybody has any suggestions or feedback for what they might like to see, feel free to share!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Varien will be releasing their own official community site - I for one would much rather the info stayed here

Magento Community
Magento Community

gamelodge

Total Posts:  89
Brisbane, Qld, Australia

While Learning CakePHP i got a lot more help and insight through blogs such as http://www.thinkingphp.org/ and http://snook.ca to name a few.
I think the more resources available the better. cant wait to see it!,

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

gamelodge - 12 September 2007 06:57 PM

While Learning CakePHP i got a lot more help and insight through blogs such as http://www.thinkingphp.org/ and http://snook.ca to name a few.
I think the more resources available the better. cant wait to see it!,

Thanks, we have a lot of great ideas, and we’ll be launching the site more than likely in the next two weeks.  We’ll be releasing new features as we build them, as well as how fast the actual Magento modding community grows smile

I’ve already spoken to Roy about the site, and he’s excited about it.  Stay tuned!

Magento Community
Magento Community

NickL

Total Posts:  188

DavePit...sounds promising.  I think the more sites promoting,blogging,hyping Magento up will only help it grow more. I’m all for it.  I’d like to start contributing some themes and templates as well.... I just posted a small demo of what you can do to customize Magento in the showoff forum. I’ve got two more designs im working on so I’d love to help out. Let me know if I can do anything to help. In the meantime… good luck with your launch. I’ll be sure to spread the word.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

NickL - 12 September 2007 07:39 PM

DavePit...sounds promising.  I think the more sites promoting,blogging,hyping Magento up will only help it grow more. I’m all for it.  I’d like to start contributing some themes and templates as well.... I just posted a small demo of what you can do to customize Magento in the showoff forum. I’ve got two more designs im working on so I’d love to help out. Let me know if I can do anything to help. In the meantime… good luck with your launch. I’ll be sure to spread the word.

Nick - It’s great that you’re really getting under the hood and starting the modification process.  I’m really looking forward to seeing some of the things people are going to do.

We’ll definitely let you guys know if there is anything you can do to help.  In the meantime, we’ll continue to be busy in the background working on the development smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

We do intend to have much of the functionality you describe on the magentocommerce.com site (in fact, its in the works). That said, we certainly welcome other sites/projects that wish to develop this on their own. In fact, we’ll probably supply feeds and other data to share with such properties. There is room for everyone smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Travis

Total Posts:  125

Great to see you’re going ahead with this Dave.  I like the new name much better than the one you mentioned last night.  Can’t wait to see it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzCart

Total Posts:  36
NW Ohio–USA

Just happened to notice the tweakMag.com link in your signature - on another thread Dave.
I must say if the buffer/holding page is any indication of your design skills, I can’t wait to see the site.
If you want to have any behind-the-scenes beta testers for a soft launch of the site, shoot me a PM, I’ld love to.
I’m guessing some people don’t quite get the scope and magnitude of this outstanding Open Source project known as Magento. wink
There’s plenty of good content that can be distributed, don’t forget about the wiki here though, there’s plenty of room for contributions there too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

tzCart - 03 October 2007 08:46 AM

Just happened to notice the tweakMag.com link in your signature - on another thread Dave.
I must say if the buffer/holding page is any indication of your design skills, I can’t wait to see the site.
If you want to have any behind-the-scenes beta testers for a soft launch of the site, shoot me a PM, I’ld love to.
I’m guessing some people don’t quite get the scope and magnitude of this outstanding Open Source project known as Magento. wink
There’s plenty of good content that can be distributed, don’t forget about the wiki here though, there’s plenty of room for contributions there too.

Thanks for the kind words cheese  We’ve finished 80% of the homepage, and we’re now working on the design for a couple of the features we’ll be launching with the site.  We’ll be launching future features as Magento gets bigger.

Stay tuned!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Josue4ever

Total Posts:  138
Mexico DF

Great job. i ll suscribe

Magento Community
Magento Community

tzCart

Total Posts:  36
NW Ohio–USA

Josue4ever - 04 October 2007 12:49 PM

Great job. i ll suscribe

I don’t think your store link is working (the one in your signature) unless you wanted it to go to something spammy.
Maybe it’s still the parked page for the domain, or something?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

i suppose it sounds promising..hopefully its not going to be just another site trying to latch onto an early market area and made for ‘adsense’ though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

iblastoff - 04 October 2007 06:45 PM

i suppose it sounds promising..hopefully its not going to be just another site trying to latch onto an early market area and made for ‘adsense’ though.

Nope, it won’t be.  In fact, I don’t even think we’re going to launch it with any advertising there at first.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kenn

Total Posts:  20

It looks good, I am in. Can’t wait to see the official launch.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community